*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297978-Henry-Living-In-Fear
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2297978
Henry constantly lives in fear of the darkness!
I'm Doctor Addison, "Are you afraid of the dark? Of course you are. You're thinking you're suffering from Achluophobia, but no. You're suffering from Nyctophobia, an extreme fear of the dark. Today's therapy is the first step in helping you overcome your fear."

Doctor Addison, "Marsha we will start with you. When did you first notice your extreme fear of darkness?"

"Well Doctor Addison I would say it was when I was five and my parents took me to a drive-in movie. It was so scary and dark. I had nightmares for months. Still have nightmares!"

Doctor Addison, "I see, and what about you James when did your fear start?"

James, "I was in a car accident and my car ended up in the lake and it was very dark when the car submerged under water. I thought I was going to die. In fact I almost did."

Doctor Addison, "That would be traumatic for anyone James. Henry tell us your story. When did your fear start?"

"Well, Doctor Addison, I have always had my fear of the dark."

Doctor Addison, "Something must have triggered it?"

"Yes you are right, but its hard to explain with the lights on. All I can say, its the monster that I fear."

Doctor Addison, " That's common, monsters under the bed. Very common, but children normally grow out of that. I'm surprised you still have that fear, but we are going to plunge right in!"

Without any notice Doctor Addison turned off the lights. Total darkness. Loud screams. A few minutes later Henry turned the lights back on. Henry is surrounded by dead people and standing in in pool of blood. He's Crying.

Henry sobs, "I guess I should have told him I'm the monster!"

© Copyright 2023 JustinRock (jtroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297978-Henry-Living-In-Fear