*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298129-Grandmother-Nightmare
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2298129
You look up and see your grandmother gently shaking you to wake you up...
You look up and see your grandmother gently shaking you to wake you up. She had woken you up from a peacful sleep in the middle of the night and was coming into your room to talk to you.

It started innocently enough she was talking to you casually at first. Asking about your day and recent events.

Then things begin to make a strange turn...
She started asking you when your birthday is, what your favorite color is, and what food you like. Even these questions though strange and a bit out of character

But the talks started getting more personal. Asking more. Asking things you not only wouldn't have told her, but things that you would not have even mentioned to anyone.

You notice the lighting, the light slowly and gradually shifted to beneath her. Lighting up her face in a oddly discomforting way. It made you recall the campfire stories when you were younger. When your friends would try to scare each other.

Then her mouth started to stretch as her cheeks were pulled up. As if some invisible fingers had hooked into the corners of her mouth pulling her face back, further back, even further back. past her head some weird contorted smile. Even further back past what should be humanly possible. Her cheeks stretched past the top of her head as she continues asking you question...

after question...

after question.
© Copyright 2023 greenbrair (jeppel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298129-Grandmother-Nightmare