*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298947-Chapter-1
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Emotional · #2298947
A sequel to the introduction.
Photography is more than a hobby, it is my desired career, and I am very passionate about it.

I reach out my phone inside my pocket but to no avail. Great! I am stuck in a place with no phone and no one with me. The funny thing, I always check my phone at least once every thirty minutes. How long have I been in here?

The strange noise that I heard a while ago seems like a conversation. I look at the pond and see a car driving to a hospital. Not just any hospital; it is where I was born. My lips are pursed, and my throat is dry as I continue watching the scene.

What is going on?

"Hang in there, Marie." A familiar voice says. It cannot be! My heart is shaking; it is the sound of my father. He is driving the car where my mom is. Father seems younger. I stifle a scream. There are no wrinkles below his eyes, and he looks more enthusiastic and energetic. He is wearing a cap, as usual. He is not alone; he is with two children. "Autumn and Winter, please behave once we get to the hospital. Be gentle to your younger sister, Sydney."

I am going to faint. My head is spinning around; I am looking at the past. My past.

My heart breaks, and tears fall on my cheeks as a father carries the little me in his arm. His eyes are with such pride and joy. Never have I seen Father smile so sweetly. All this time, I thought that my father wanted a male child. However, looking at his emotion the first time he held me in his arms made me realize I was wrong.

Father is contented.

I am loved.

I am enough.

My older sisters rushed to him and clung to him as they took a closer look at me.

I was their world, and I thought they hated me all this time.

Note: More chapters will be posted soon. :)

Copyright of image belongs to the owner. daniel vogel

© Copyright 2023 WritingCoffeeBear (coffeebear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298947-Chapter-1