*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299684-Geoff-Candice-and-the-Cake
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #2299684
Geoff and Candice prepare to wait for the Boss's capture.
Candice walked around the store getting items that she and Geoff might need while on the run from the Boss. They had gone to Niagara Falls to evade detection from him. As she filled the basket she looked warily around for she was not sure she would ever be safe again. They had been to Buffalo trying to find evidence to incriminate The Boss and he was on to them.
In the basket was everything they would need at the secret hideaway near Toronto while they waited for the authorities in Toronto and Buffalo to find the boss and arrest him so she headed for the checkout while looking for Geoff.
She found him near the Bakery talking to the baker in the tiny grocery store. As she approached them she could not make out the words being exchanged in hushed whispers.
“What is going on here?” She asked, walking up to the pair who were standing over the cake display.
“Oh we were just discussing chocolate versus German Chocolate cake. Which is your favorite?” Geoff replied with a smile.
“German Chocolate for sure," Candice said.
“Ok, if you will grab some double fudge ice cream I will have this kind lady box that cake for us and we can be on our way.I will meet you at the register”
Candice walked away towards the ice cream section.
“This will be such a nice surprise for her thank you!” He said.
Taking the boxed cake he went to meet Candice at the checkout.
When they arrived back at the cottage Geoff helped Candice put the groceries away.
“Let's have a slice of cake and some ice cream” Geoff said.
As she opened the box to cut the cake she gasped.
“Happy birthday we got him!” was on the cake!
© Copyright 2023 kat (katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299684-Geoff-Candice-and-the-Cake