*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299702-the-Mystic--Audreena-of-Kiannanu
by kat
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2299702
Excerpt from fantasy book. Audreena dreams~discovers that she is connected to the mystic.
Audreena was riding Zelen, her trusted pony in the meadow. It was a warm day and the sun penetrated her hair warming her scalp. The pony was trotting and then began to gallop through the tall grass, the grass parted and the pony leapt into the air. All of the sudden beneath her in place of the pony was a Pegasus with wings that beat the air. They flew up into the clouds; the barn became part of the landscape beneath her. The terrain changed and she saw herself looking down at vast arrays of trees then they soared over the vast blue mountains. Deep in the heart of the mountain range the Pegasus dipped down through the crags of the rocky mountain peaks and lit in a large meadow hidden from the ragged peaks by large evergreen trees that created a shield from the barren peaks that surrounded them. The Pegasus spoke to her in a clouded voice heard only in her mind.
“This is the Lair of Avanlon the keeper of the secrets of the mystic. You are safe here away from the other world where danger awaits the special souls like you. We wish to protect you from the evil Synod; we will help you if you call to us in need. You will be the savior of the mystic, the soul to repair the rift that the synod has created. Go child and prepare for the sphinx is looking for you”
Audreena sat up wide awake; Zeppa sat next to her and was startled by the movement. Audreena looked around to find she was in her chamber, the daylight came in through the window. It was warm and she suddenly felt comforted that her dreams weren’t real. Julibia’s words from the day before came to her then and she gasped.
“What is it child,” Zeppa asked coming to her side, “What did you see?”
“My pony was running and then it flew into the air. It was a beautiful Pegasus that shimmered in the moonlight. It took me to a secluded meadow in the vast Blue Mountains and told me I would be safe there from the synod. This creature told me that Avanlon the keeper of the mystic lived there and that they wished to protect me. She said I should prepare because the sphinx is looking for me. She was beautiful Zeppa and her wings were powerful.”
“Write it down Audreena. It is better if it is in your own words.” Zeppa said as she handed Audreena a notepad and a quill. Audreena watched as Zeppa wrote what she had heard. “Two viewpoints are sometimes better than one but yours are more important; now write before you are too tired.”
Audreena began to write. She recorded all she had seen and heard while her soul had traveled in her dreams. She struggled to find words for every detail from the color of the sky to the way it felt to soar in the air above the world on the back of a flying horse. It seemed so far from believing. The Pegasus had called this the other world; it seemed that the world she was learning about should be called the other world. It was almost too much to believe.

Audreena fell softly through the canopy of the forest; the leaves brushing her face felt like feathers as she floated through them. She landed softly in a meadow of tall feathery grass. Above her she could see the blue sky peeking through the canopy. The fairies appeared hovering above her; they were just as Bayleen had said. Each Fairy was a different color and they shimmered and sparkled as their wings fluttered in the air. The blue fairy was brighter and sparkled more than the rest. She floated to where Audreena sat in the grass, her curly brown hair bounced as she fluttered. She spoke slowly and deliberately and her words echoed as if she was speaking in a tunnel for only Audreena to hear.
“You must seek out the seamstress called Twixum. She has created a cloak that will shield you from the bad powers of the mystic. It is a special cloak of gold and blue that will light the way for all things to come. She will know it is for you when you describe the cloak in this way; she has been waiting for you. The Pegasus will guide you and protect you from the mystic forces that will seek you out. Trust her when she speaks for you can only hear the most sincere thoughts of a Pegasus. The Taniwha will come to you in the mist by the river. Her information may be correct and her intentions good but do not allow her to get too close as she is friends with the dark forces of the mystic. She will unwillingly betray you when you least expect it”
Audreena sat transfixed on the fairy and did not notice when the meadow disappeared until the cold cobblestone beneath her began to chill her flesh. The fairies were all in the tree in the courtyard that Bayleen had spoken of. The tree sparkled as though it were covered in ice with leaves as green as if it were mid-summer. The fairy who glistened green came to her then; her wispy blond tendrils seemed to flutter in a breeze Audreena did not feel.
“This is the fairy tree of the mystic. Your grandfather moved it from the depths of the forest to allow a mystic force to be present at the Abbey. If you need us, we will be here waiting in the branches of this magical tree. Only those with mystic abilities can see what this tree truly is. We cannot protect you but we can guide you through this journey. You only need to ask and we will appear. Go forth and persevere; we are all ready to be done with the mystic synod and their hunters of our seekers.”
At that the fairies were gone and Audreena was left sitting on the ground by the tree. Next to her was a well that her grandfather had built and out of it seemed to emanate a mist that covered the ground and enveloped her. The mist seemed to whisper words that Audreena could not understand. Just as suddenly as it had appeared it disappeared. In its place was the Pegasus who had carried her on her first journey. The animal did not move but Audreena heard the words she was meant to hear as clear as if they had been spoken.
“The water in this well travels under the ground across the great forest to provide a portal from the Lair of Avalon to you that the mystic synod cannot disrupt. If you have need of our services, come to this well and we will come to your aid. Do not trust those outside these walls; they will deceive you.”
Audreena woke with a start. Zeppa handed her the notepad and she began to write. When she was finished, she told Zeppa everything.
© Copyright 2023 kat (katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299702-the-Mystic--Audreena-of-Kiannanu