*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299764-The-Kind-of-Gardening-Ann-Liked
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2299764
Flash Fiction
The Kind of Gardening Ann Liked

Ann sat in the lawn chair, drink in one hand, camera in the other, looking over her new yard. Ann was not fond of gardening, but she intended to give it a good shot since it was their first house together.

They’d bought it, and moved in in the fall, during an early snow week as it made its way to actual winter, so they mostly worked in the house. She and Wally loved winter, but it was finally spring and she was more than ready to tackle her new backyard, imagining parties and cook-outs to come! The lovely warm day, even though still March, had her out, soaking in the sunshine and making plans.

There was a fence and woods beyond the back. Her neighbors on both sides had already done years of trees and bushes of their own, which made lovely privacy walls in their yards, and so in hers too. The fence itself was fairly new, and lovely. Looking at the yard now, finally seeing it all the way down to the grass, she began thinking about gardens… and a patio.

At the patio thought, she looked down to where her lawn chair was sitting, an open dirt spot just off the back step. Immediately deciding on needing a deck, a patio, how about a flag pole! All kinds of things she didn’t have to actually do herself! She sat up and dumped the garden page on her computer, pulling up decks and patios.

By summer the work was done, she even had some small gardens added around the deck, hiring a local guy, filled with easy to maintain, mini bushes, and annuals (buy new every spring!) And the best part, she never had to lift a shovel!

Now, that was the kind of gardening Ann liked!
© Copyright 2023 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299764-The-Kind-of-Gardening-Ann-Liked