*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299938-Timeless-love-Story
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2299938
from my unpublished novel based on our true love story
{font: times}

Timeless Love Story



         Sam Adams was turning 96th He was also celebrating his 70th wedding anniversary. In preparation for the anniversary, he recorded a video about his life together with his wife Maria Lee. Their love story was unique and would make a great movie Sam thought. The video would be the first draft of their life story so to speak, with any luck, he could turn it into a movie.

         He called together his niece, and his lawyer, and told them he prepared the video of his life story and wanted it to be played both at the wedding anniversary and the funeral before he felt his time was coming to an end. He also revised his will and wanted his life story to be written into a movie after he died. .

         His niece came out and told the assembled guests that unfortunately Sam would not be joining them because he had passed on joining his          wife who had passed the week before. However, Sam left behind a video that he wanted to play for you and wanted to turn this into a celebration of his fairy tale romance.

         “Hello, my name is Sam Adams, and if you are viewing this, I am no longer here among the living and that is okay. I have had a long and eventful life. The central mystery of my life is how I met the love of my life, Maria Lee. As some of you know, I married the girl of my dreams. But what you may not know is that Maria and I have been soul mates for over 5,000 years and up until this life, our love story always ended up badly as we were from different social classes. She was the daughter of the king or a rich family, and I was the son of a working-class family. Our love was forbidden by the rules of the time.

         On our 30th wedding anniversary, we went to a past life analyst, and through hypnosis relieved our past lives. We recorded our recollections which I wrote down at the time and posted last year on my blog., Some of you may have seen it.” I have now updated it as part of this video celebration of my life.

         She had never heard such a story before in her professional life, but Dr. Patel felt that there must have been a tragic ending to their previous loves. That would explain how they met. She went on to say that love at first sight and hate at first sight, was the same phenomenon. It meant that the people involved knew each other in a prior life and they still had issues that they had to resolve in this life. So, yes, Dr. Patel believed them. She decided to treat both and bring them back in time to their previous lives to see what had happened to cause such a strong connection across the barriers of space and time.

         Their timeless love story began 5,000 years ago in the fabled city of Atlantis. Sam and Maria were originally from the planet Sirius, ten light-years from Earth. Sam was originally General Zoran governor of the Atlantis colony, and Maria was originally Zarina the leader of the opposition party. The Sirians had come to earth 25 years ago and built the city of Atlantis in an island mini continent in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, Zoran was related to the royal family back home, the seventh son of the Emperor, and was the royal governor of the Atlantis colony. The colony had 1.5 million Sirians, (red Sirians, green Sirians, and shapeshifters) and the other five other races (canines, felines, primates, and insectoids) from the Sirians Empire living on it and 2 million human slaves. The Sirians considered humans to be savages and treated the local slaves badly. The other races were more sympatric as were the Green Sirians, all faced discrimination from the dominant Red Sirians who the traditional elite in the home worlds were.

         When Zarina and Zoran met, it was love and hate at first sight. Zarina was a stunningly beautiful woman, very competent highly intelligent, and very sexually aggressive. In short, she was a kind woman that was his fatal attraction, and he knew it.
         Zarina was an activist, working to improve conditions for the local human subjects. As such her work concerned Zoran. Zoran was agnostic overall about the human subject, thinking that they needed labor but that humans could and should be treated better. And Zoran sometimes regretted the “final solution” thinking that perhaps a policy of assimilation might have worked given time. But the powers that be wanted to purify the home world and only have Sirians living there with some traders and government workers from the other races allowed. And so, he was overruled and carried out the policy earning the hatred of the Green Sirians and their local leader Zarina.
         Zoran and Zarina’s love story ended when Zarina and Zoran were assassinated by a red Sirian general dispatched from the home world. The word was in – the earth was forbidden to all Sirians' immigration and would be monitored for the next five thousand years. And just before they died, their last words were

“          See you in the next life my timeless love” and they vowed to defy the laws of nature and man and find each other in the next life as they both had begun to believe in reincarnation which was a minority opinion among the largely atheistic Sirians. That line and the knowledge that they were true soul mates destined to meet again and again sustained them throughout the next 3,000 years of history and they came back over and over again until finally in 1982 they overcame their cursed fate.

July 16 would have been my father's 96th birthday. Write your STORY or POEM about a family coming together to celebrate the birthday of t          heir beloved patriarch on his 96th birthday. Who comes? What is the setting? Does anything special or unusual happen? Be creative.

You must choose FAMILY as one of your genres.
© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2299938-Timeless-love-Story