*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300035-The-thunderstorm
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Nature · #2300035
Geoff and Candice narrowly escape
They walked cautiously through the park in Buffalo. They were to meet the deputy that was working to capture the boss. As they approached the Gazebo where he was supposed to meet them Candice noticed that one of Georgie’s men was hot on their tail.
“Geoff, don’t look but he is right behind us,” Candice said under her breath.
He put an arm around her shoulder and pulled her in close to him.
“Just stay calm,” he said as he kissed her on top of her head, “He is looking for a wealthy blond not a red head in a maid’s uniform.” It is a coincidence that he is here. Keep walking.”
“As they passed the Gazebo the goon turned to the officer and pulled out a gun.
The quick thinking officer leapt over the rail and ducked behind the pillar of the Gazebo before Georgie’s man got one round fired.
“Over here,” Geoff said to Candice, pulling her into the trees as the two men fired their weapons at each other.
Georgie’s man was hit in the arm and he retreated to the far side of the park just as the thunder rolled and the lightning cracked. The bolt of lightning hit directly above Georgie and Candice’s head as they made their way to the officer hiding behind the pillar. The air was like it had been charged with a thousand amps of electricity as branches and leave rained down around them.
As they reached the officer the wind picked up speed. He was preparing to move from behind the pillar when Geoff called to him.
“Where there is one there is bound to be more,” Geoff said loud enough to be heard over the howling wind. The man turned to where they were hiding among the trees.
The rain began in earnest as the officer joined them in the deep brush and the three of them made their way across the park to the opposite side from where the Goon had gone. Across the street there was a church and they made a break for it running as fast as they could with the rain soaking through their thick winter garments. The doors to the church burst open and they raced inside to be greeted by a young priest.
“Although we have escaped harm we have proven that there is a leak in the department. I thought I knew who I could trust but I guess I was wrong,” the officer said.
“It seems that the boss has tentacles everywhere.” Geoff said in return.
“What now,” Candice asked?
“Now we find the boss and put him in jail. We have enough proof to put him away for a long time. We just have to stay alive long enough to find him.” The officer replied.
The rain pelted the glass of the church as the thunder boomed and the lightning crackled in the air.
When there was a lull in the deafening thunder the priest approached the trio.
“The boss comes to confession once a month. It has been a long time since he has come to my church for confession but I heard he is in town and he usually goes to confession on the 20th. He will be here tomorrow!” The priest said.
“Well I guess fate led us here. We will be here tomorrow to try to apprehend him. Thanks for the tip!”
© Copyright 2023 kat (katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300035-The-thunderstorm