*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300439-An-Unfinished-Conversation
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #2300439
A fresh perspective of looking at a conversation that was left unfinished.
An incomplete conversation. The words that just, couldn’t present themselves, that never came out. Does that even make sense? To even talk about an incomplete conversation? Just the thought of it would sometimes make one have a feeling of discomfort. ‘An incomplete conversation’. Sounds philosophical, or maybe, a fancy title to some fancy story. But in an incomplete conversation, lies something that we always fail to notice, fail to comprehend. In an incomplete conversation, lies a deeper understanding of things that that keep altering our personality, in small but many ways.

When we think of a conversation that was left in the middle, that was never completed, what are the things that come to mind? A small breeze of vague thought, and one might say well, I think of it for a while, think of continuing it later maybe, and forget about it. That is where things change, because that is a moment which passes away, but it ripples our thoughts in a way we never think about. A leftover conversation creates a void, a void in the back of our complexly functioning heads. It's like the loose end of a thread, that can go anywhere, in any direction which it desires.

That brief sense of emptiness is filled by our subconscious so efficiently, that we barely notice, or even think about it. in that moment, our mind forms countless outlines, like where was that conversation heading, what might have been those unspoken words, what different scenarios might have originated from here, what would have this led to, how would I have perceived them, and so much more! Its like, that one thread, in the vastness of countless thoughts, projects itself into multiple directions simultaneously. Our beautiful mind, our characteristic creativity fills that one void, which formed itself due to some unspoken words, fills it with countless self-formed realities.

The leftover conversations are really important, because they are the unsung developers of our subconscious. Had that conversation completed, it would have been a pretty one-dimensional affair, which just keeps occurring on a daily basis. But, since it was left open, our mind opened up countless multi-dimensional possibilities just to complete that one missing piece. And all of this occurs in a very short time, precisely in the moment when we decide to leave it behind, and it was already filled with a superposition of countless endings, or sometimes, not even endings, just threads.

Just think about it, how beautiful is this. That one thread ends up in even more threads, some of them even twirled up with one another, some completely different. With that one loose end, our mind creates so much, and so efficiently, that we never notice it, never even give it a thought. It creates a ripple all over our subconscious, and the way it forms is perhaps the way we build our conscious. Those ripples are the ones that keep shaping our thoughts all the time, the thoughts that define us, that define what we are. Or maybe, there’s even more? More threads that we might never be able to know about? But that is where lies the beauty isn’t it? Not knowing everything.

Next time you have an unfinished conversation, think about it a little more. The more you think, more you realize, that life is but a string of incomplete conversations.
© Copyright 2023 The Ambiguous (iamaryanraj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300439-An-Unfinished-Conversation