*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300479-Cellmate-To-Cellmate
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2300479
Prison isn’t the worst that can happen.
“Stop in the name of love, before you break my heart...”
“Leo! Stop singing that song. You're driving me nuts!”
“Think it o-o-over.”
The last thing Leo saw before everything went dark was Max's fist coming straight at his face.

Two hours later Leo wakes up and looks around the room. There is a flurry of activity and no one is paying attention to him. Leo looks down at his orange prison jumpsuit and says to no one in particular. “There's blood on me.”

A doctor looking guy comes over and says "Don't worry about that."
He takes a pair of scissors and quickly starts at Leo's groin and cuts the jumpsuit all the way up to Leo's neck. Barely missing his chin.

Leo yells, "Watch it buddy"
Leo swears the guy smiled at him, but he wasn't sure since he had a mask on.
The doctor playfully slapped Leo on the face several times and said "I think that is the least of your worries."
Then a nurse gave him a shot in his arm and he immediately fell asleep.

When Leo woke he was sitting comfortably in a chair. He didn't recognize this place. There was a large viewing window and a small group of people in lab coats were observing him. One of them pushed a button and said over the speaker. "Could you please stand up and go to the mirror."

Leo stood. His legs were a little wobbly, but he went to the mirror. He almost fainted, but he didn't. He couldn't believe it.

The main doctor spoke to the people observing Leo, “Yes, we did it! The first head to body transplant.”
Everyone clapped.
Leo cried, he recognized the body. It was his cellmate's.
© Copyright 2023 JustinRock (jtroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300479-Cellmate-To-Cellmate