*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300942-Smile
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Family · #2300942
You will be able to sink your teeth into this one.
Jerry loved spending time with his grandkids and today he is spending time with his teenage grandson Axel. When he picked up Axel he asked him what he would like to do for fun on their outing..

Axel said, "Let's go to the carnival. They have all kinds of rides and games and it will be a lot of fun."

Jerry frowned, "I don't know if I'm up for that."

Axel didn't say anything, but Jerry could see the disappointment on his face.

Jerry sighed, "If you promise not to make me ride anything dangerous, I will take you."

Axel excitedly, "Really Grandpa."

Jerry laughed, "Well you are my favorite." Giving Axel a wink.

By the time they got to the carnival It was getting dark, but all the rides were lit up. It was getting crowded and loud, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Jerry bought the tickets and asked Axel, "What would you like to do first?"

Axel looked around and pointed straight at the Roller coaster. The sign read [Ride the Mega Coaster for the thrill of your life]

Horror came across Jerry's face, "Oh, Axel, I don't think I can ride that. Look how fast its going."

Jerry immediately recognized that look on Axel's face, a look he was quite familiar with. It was the same one he got when he asked his dad to do something exciting and fun and he said "no, absolutely not!"
"Okay, Axel you win! Lets go for it."

The attendant closed the bar on their coaster car. Jerry checked to make sure it locked and then they started their first climb and it was a big one. When they started down the other side, Jerry screamed and his false teeth came flying out of his mouth. Almost hitting the kid in the car behind them. Luckily his teeth fell quickly to the ground after that.. Axel didn't even notice because he was laughing so hard and enjoying the thrill of be scared half to death. In less than two minutes it was over and they were back to the start.

Axel hollered with joy and said, "Lets go again grandpa."

Thankfully, Jerry had a spare set of teeth at home. He smiled revealing his toothless mouth and said, "Lets do it."

Axel and Jerry bonded that day and it was a relationship they both cherished the rest of their lives.

Jerry loved telling the story about the roller coaster to family, friends, and even strangers at the grocery store. He never thought that one moment could bring him so much joy and Axel liked to tell everyone how great his grandpa was and that he wasn't afraid of anything.
© Copyright 2023 JustinRock (jtroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300942-Smile