*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300964-Falling-Hard
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2300964
Boredom, confusion, and love
The Grand boast to be the largest theatre screen in the four state area and they only book blockbuster movies so they can fill every seat. Randall has been working at The Grand for two whole weeks and is already bored out of his skin.

Sam is the manager and a hard ass. He see's Randall just standing at the popcorn machine scooping the popcorn and then letting it drop back down. He decides to teach Randall a lesson and sneaks up behind Randall and whispers, "What are you doing Randall?"

Randall is startled and jumps and then slips and falls to the floor hitting his head. He blacks out and when he comes to he is looking at a bunch of employees that he doesn't know. He rubs his head and says, "Ouch!"

A guy that looks to be a couple of years older than him helps him up and brushes the popcorn off of his back. Randall see's the guy's name tag and it reads Assistant Manager Chris, "You took quite a fall, are you all right?'

Randall looks around and everything is different, it is still The Grand, but everything looks like an antique. The cash registers, the counter, and there are no flat screen menu boards. Just a menu board with letters pinned to it and the prices are all wrong, 25 cents for popcorn, soda 10,15, and 20 cents. Candy is 30 cents. Then Randall see's his reflection and notices he is wearing a black tie, white shirt and black pants instead of his normal uniform. He is freaking out and is beginning to get dizzy.

That's when Randall's knees buckle and Chris catches him before he falls. Randall is amazed at how strong Chris is for an average size guy. Chris moves Randall over to a chair and ask him again, "Are you okay?"

Randall clings to Chris, rubs his sore head and says, "None of this makes any sense."

Chris puts his hand on Randall's shoulder and says, "Maybe I should call a doctor to come look at you Buddy?"

Randall says, "You mean call 911 don't you?"

Chris gives him a curious look, "What's 911?

That's when Randall faints. When he awakes Manager Sam is looking at him very concerned and says "I have called 911 the EMTs are coming through the front door right now.

Randall's vision begins to clear and the EMT puts his hand on Randall's shoulder, "Hi there buddy, I'm Chris."

Randall smiles, looks up and says, "I would know those beautiful blue eyes anywhere!"

Sam and Chris look at each other and simultaneously say, "Definitely a concussion!"







© Copyright 2023 JustinRock (jtroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300964-Falling-Hard