*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300978-Rules-Insert
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2300978
Rules Insert
This gathers together the rules already given, provides more detail, and gives some advice. If you don't follow the advice given here, you'll make the work of the judges harder.
(You know that's not a good idea, right?)

Unless you've done something egregious *Blush*, we won't disqualify your entry. However, you might get a note from one of the contest sponsors asking you to fix something. *Smile*.


*BalloonG*  The contest form only permits one entry per contestant per contest.
*BalloonG*  Contest is limited to ten entries. An entry is not complete until the contestant completes the Entry Form. If necessary, the time stamp of the the entry, via the entry form, determines the tenth and final entry.
*BalloonG*  A message at the bottom of the contest page will announce when the contest is open for entries.  The contest is generally open for entries the first day of the month in which it runs and for about three weeks thereafter, or until the tenth story is submitted. The contest closing date will appear at the bottom of the contest page.  We anticipate offering this contest twice a year.
*BalloonG*  Entries may not exceed 3000 words
*BalloonG*  Entries should be at least 1000 words.
*BalloonG*  Entries must respond to one of the three prompts.
*BalloonG*  Story format
*BalloonB*  Please double space between paragraphs for readability
*BalloonB*  If responding to the  words prompt, please boldface the words in the story.  For example, typing
        this is {b}formatted}{/b}
boldfaces word "formatted" and results in text being formatted like so:
       this is formatted
*BalloonB*  Title and author byline do not count against the word limits for the story
*BalloonG*  Please set entries to "accept reviews."  The setting "Reviews only/No ratings" is both acceptable and preferred.
*BalloonG*  Short stories only. No essays. Prose only. No poetry.
*BalloonG*  Once judging starts, announced by a message at the bottom of the page, please do not edit your stories.  Editing before and after judging is fine.
*BalloonG* We'll read  anything, but please be sure that your item is properly rated--see "Content Rating System (CRS). While we'll read it, we likely won't post stories to the contest involving non-consensual sex, including sex with minors, nor content that is demeaning to any group.  If we feel we can't post your story, we'll let you know and give you a reason.  However, any such decision is neither debatable nor subject to appeal.  In particular:
*No* No non-consensual sex. (if your story has this, it counts as doing something egregious and we will disqualify your entry)
*No* No sex involving minors. (also egregious)
*No* No bestiality (except that vampires, werewolves, and sentient aliens are fine--they can give consent)
*BalloonG*  Follow the directions on how to enter.
*BalloonG*  All decisions by the judges are final and not subject to appeal.



© Copyright 2023 Max Griffin 🏳️‍🌈 (mathguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2300978-Rules-Insert