*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302321-chain-ear-quarter-berry-effect
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #2302321
5 word prompt
Rick had been lost for over 12 hours now. The sun was almost behind the trees, darkness threatening to swallow Rick and the world around him. He had left to go hiking in the woods after his wife Sara had encouraged him to get more exercise. He was kicking himself for being so amenable. She was so persuasive and was always trying to get Rick to better himself. Ever sinve he had lost his job at Ellis Law Firm, he hasn't felt like doing anything. It was unfair to Sara and he really wanted to make it up to her by getting outside and knocking the rust off.

With the sun almost set he had scrounged up as many things as possible to eat and found some shelter under a large oak tree. Looking over his supplies his stomach started growling. He realized he hadnt eaten since that granola bar he mowed down before the hike. That was all he had brought with him since he hadnt expected to be out hiking more than an hour. He grabbed some red berries from his backpack that he had found growing on some bushes nearby. He wasnt sure what kind they were but he popped them in his mouth anyways to satiate his hunger.
© Copyright 2023 Cody Michael (shatterfox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302321-chain-ear-quarter-berry-effect