*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302408-The-ThicketySpellbound-Chapter-3
by PPP
Rated: E · Fiction · Gothic · #2302408
A chapter in my fanfiction.
Chapter 3
That passing period, Vanessa felt nervous. Her slim yellow eyes showed worry. The stress from the test was a bit too much for her. Lip reading was easier than this
Anyways, she thought, I chose to stay as my position as a weaver. And they wouldn’t replace a weaver.
Right?

Vanessa vented her frustrations to Paula, during their project time.
I just can’t help but notice that the village cares less about me day after day, she said. Yesterday, I nearly didn’t get my meal. Thank the Overseer that the sender gave it to me before sundown, or I would’ve starved.
Paula was feeding her mandatory horse, but luckily was seeing Vanessa. She brushed it off, however. ‘It’s probably nothing, maybe it’s just a short span of memory. You know that Horace has a bad memory.”
But it’s not a one-day thing. My strings were less than usual, and one of them was red. Mary said that red strings are only delivered to those who are about to leave.
Paula said” Look Vanessa, if they let you go, they’re getting rid of a great person. And besides, they can’t be sent by the Weaver department. They must’ve been hijacked by someone.”
Vanessa felt a little better. But she couldn’t shake off the feeling that there was more to this than a prank.

That evening, Paula was dreaming about her mother.
The descriptions were always vague. But once, Paula’s father told more.
“She had yellow hair, just like yours, and your red eyes. Her skin was a bit lighter, though.” he said. “Her eyebrows were bushy, and she had a scar. She had a habit of biting her lip. She always made a mark on the room she was in. The end of her each sentence had a blink.”
And just like that, she arrived in a white T-shirt, yet was far away from Paula. There was also a figure standing next to her, but when Paula looked , he was gone.
She moved closer, and she saw that her mother...
Then Paula woke up.


© Copyright 2023 PPP (penpaperpal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302408-The-ThicketySpellbound-Chapter-3