*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303086-Recognizing-a-Stalwart
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Community · #2303086
Linda Wayman's contributions to education have had a positive impact on the minds of many.
I recently watched video clips of Linda Cliatt-Wayman speaking and was deeply impressed by her powerful words. Despite facing hardships, she is passionate about improving the standard of education at Strawberry Mansion High School and inspiring others to do the same. This reminded me of Nurse Herma, a woman I know who also faced challenges in becoming a compassionate midwife. Herma dropped out of high school due to financial difficulties but found her calling while volunteering at a local clinic. She worked hard to complete prerequisite courses and earned her nursing degree. Herma returned to her community to serve others, and her kindness and empathy made her a beloved figure. She delivered over 75% of the newborns in her area and remained dedicated to helping others. I am inspired by Linda and Herma's commitment to positively impacting their communities, and I hope to follow in their footsteps.
© Copyright 2023 Claude H. A. Simpson (teach600 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303086-Recognizing-a-Stalwart