*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303094-The-Great-Mentor
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Community · #2303094
Putting your reflection in perspective as you think about a great mentor.
Morality, Ethics, Accountability, Responsibility, …
Morality is basically the distinction between right and wrong. Ethics is basically the moral principles that govern a person’s behavior. Accountability is basically an acceptance of responsibility for conduct. Responsibility is basically a duty and having control. We recall the great benefits of mentoring … Jethro mentored Moses, Eli mentored Samuel, Elijah mentored Elisha, Mordecai mentored Esther, Jesus mentored his disciples, Barnabas mentored Paul, Paul mentored Timothy and John. Less we forget, David and Solomon were great leaders who mentored many of their subjects as they led with authority. Great leaders can also display weakness; they can err ...do wrong, yes! They make mistakes and do unreasonable things, but they are all involved in great deeds to help the masses. I say all this to say that my mentor was not immune to making poor decisions about his personal life, but his efforts to help the masses stood tall. I speak of none other than the great Hon. J. E. Slack OD., BA., JP.

I learned from Joel E. Slack, a genuinely exceptional educator, leader, advocate, advisor, and mentor. Mr. Slack had a natural talent for identifying and nurturing potential in others. He inspired me to prepare for the workforce, instilling a sense of gratitude and a desire to help others. He was always available to provide guidance, and his wisdom was invaluable to me as a mentee. What I appreciated most about him was his transparent, honest, and fair approach. Mr. Slack had a unique ability to connect with people personally, creating a positive and inclusive work environment. He encouraged collaboration and welcomed everyone's ideas and opinions. He led by example, earning the trust and admiration of everyone. His unwavering commitment to ethical conduct and transparency set a high standard for those under his guidance.

Looking back on his impact, I realized how important it is to invest in others and help them succeed. Mr. Slack's focus on standing up for others and promoting advocacy inspired me to do the same. He believed in setting everyone up for success, and I try to follow his example by treating others with care, kindness, and respect. I also draw inspiration from his unwavering integrity and commitment to ethical leadership. I aim to lead authentically and build trust with my team and colleagues. By doing so, I hope to impact those I work with positively.

https://jis.gov.jm/st-ann-veteran-educator-to-receive-od/


© Copyright 2023 Claude H. A. Simpson (teach600 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303094-The-Great-Mentor