*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303216-Plans
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2303216
Flash Fiction
Plans

“I can’t find my shoes,” Mom said.

“Want me to look?” twelve-year-old David said.

“That would be lovely,” Mom answered.

Sister, Annie, ten, looked at him suspiciously.

Minutes later David ran in, “Found them!”

“Thank you!” Mom said, “Where did you find them?”

“Over near the back door.”

“Wow,” Mum said, “I don’t even remember going out there yesterday…” she grabbed her shoes adding, “Hurry up you two, we need to leave in five minutes.”

As she rushed off, Annie looked at David, “You hid them, didn’t you,” she said.

“It’s all part of my plan…” he said.

“A plan to make us late for school?”

“No, a plan to get Mom to let me go to Randel’s overnight.”

“Randel Bently? You know Mom doesn’t trust him since he broke our fence with his baseball bat.”

“That was just him being stupid. He’s smarter now, and he’s having a sleepover in his back yard Saturday, with a whole bunch of guys from school. I want to go!”

“Good luck with that! I don’t think I ever saw Mom so mad.”

“Yeah, but that was a long time ago. Randel is older now, and smarter.”

“Didn’t I just hear that he broke his bicycle by pushing it down a steep hill?”

“Well, at least he didn’t try to ride it down!”

“He could have walked it down…”

“I want to go to this sleepover!”

“What sleepover?” Mom asked coming back into the room.

“Randel Bentley’s” Annie said before David could think of anything.

“Yes,” Mom said, “I heard about it. His mother called me to ask if you were coming. I was wondering why you hadn’t asked yet… Has anyone seen my notebook?”

“I’m pretty sure David could find it…” Annie said, smiling.

David turned a rosy shade of red.
© Copyright 2023 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303216-Plans