*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303598-The-LoneStonePlayboy
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Self Help · #2303598
A brief story about the loneliness that I feel at times
Alone.

A cocoon of my own making to protect myself from the pain that the world has given me.

Placed my trust into the wrong people, which led to more hurt than the sum I was already conquering.

It's a funny thing, trying again to see if you'll get someone by your side once more.

Unfortunately, like money, materials, or even jobs, it can be easily thrown away or lost due to unforeseen circumstances.

The time alone can bring out all of the emotions that's been bubbling underneath the surface.

The trauma, the pain, the suffering, the anger, the sadness, the confusion, the worry, the hurt, & indeed the want for it all to go away.

I truly want good friends, a good girl, a good family that's by my side.

But not at the expense of my sanity.

Some folks are too scared to live alone.

To be alone.

Surrounding themselves with individuals that they know are detrimental to their well being.

But because they can't stand facing the demons within in order to find out how beautiful their soul really is,

They refuse to be alone.

I find that sickening.

To disrespect oneself to the point you hang out with people who don't mean you well.

So, when the true colors were shown,

I CHOSE to be alone.

Alone to look within.

Alone to heal the pain.

Alone to cry.

Alone to find the strength.

Alone to find the solution to how I can succeed in life.

Alone so that way I can build the skills to find people I truly need so I don't feel alone.

& although I'm often surrounded by folks I can say are good people to have around,

I still feel alone, at times.

Cause I know it's for a means to an end.

Not because they genuinely want to be around.

& I'm not the type of person to disrespect myself by hanging around more than I need to.

Luckily, I have 2 good people that I can count on.

When I have those moments of feeling alone.

I appreciate those folks.

& they treat me well,

Even though they're going through moments where the problems in their world make them feel alone.

So, for anyone who feels alone.

Just know that you're not alone in that feeling.

I feel like I'm one of the loneliest people in the world.

Even lonelier than Michael Jackson at the height of his career.

Even lonelier than Tom Hanks when he was Casted Away with Wilson.

Even lonelier than Tyler, The Creator felt when he recorded "Lone" on his album: "Wolf"

& in that, we can all stay connected.

Knowing that we're not as alone as we think we are.

- Maãlík
© Copyright 2023 Maãlík (loneplayboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303598-The-LoneStonePlayboy