*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303629-Engineers-for-Writing-Dot-Com
Rated: E · Essay · Writing.Com · #2303629
We compare this to that whether we should or should not.
The debate over my being a productive, creative writer continues to be a subject in flux. However my standing in the engineering community stacks exceptionally well beside my fellows and contemporaries. "So, what?"Ask my peers on our WDC site. "Ha… the world is built and held together by these things we call statistics. I use the following to make a not-so-small observation."

According to an article written for Forbes and corroborating reports by the US Census Bureau, A new website is built every three seconds, which provides, as of July 2023, a whopping 1,130,000,000 websites worldwide.

Unfortunately, only 200,121,724 of the 1.13 Billion sites are actively maintained and visited. That equates to roughly an 82% failure rate. This statistic alone makes Writing.com better than 929,878,276 of the websites online today.

I understand that a 12% standing falls shy of the goals we set… We all wish to be part of those one-percenters who own the world. But we have chosen Creative writing as our vehicle to race to the top.

WDC's 23 years of survival says a lot. This event equates to 161 in Dog-Years; converting the numbers into Internet-Years would take a bit more calculation, as the World Wide Web is considerably more complex than a dog. It clearly is not always a Man's best friend. Add to that the notion that most of today's sites have gone feral, clogging our streets and pathways while convincing us that the deposits left on our lawns are worth their weight in one currency or another.

Thus, a possible reason for the success of WDC. Our site collects tons of the smelly, unpackaged crappy words expelled upon the world and left on the internet's lawn. It slowly converts them into marketable fertilizer to grow our imaginations. Having a process to transform Shyte into Shinola is irreplaceable. Without such intervention, we would be awash in a sea of wordy dog droppings. Once the level reaches neck deep, avoiding the matter in our regular diets is nearly impossible. One of our first lessons learned in the world is that if one eats shyte, we die!

So, what is the conclusion of this almost scientific report? Without Writing dot Com, we will all become worm food or contributors of carbon pollution for those whose family chooses cremation.



I yell, "Happy Birthday to Writing dot Com and all its member scoopers.

More significantly, to
The StoryMaster The StoryMistress and the Writing.Com Staff Thank you for improving my daily diet.


© Copyright 2023 Joey's Spring has Sprung (iamjoeyc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303629-Engineers-for-Writing-Dot-Com