*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304317-More-Than-A-Dark-Room-To-Develop-These
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2304317
In this 200 word short story, a mature man waits for someone to bring a certain something.
It was on a Sunday night that Dad stood out in the parking lot of the local Red Lobster. After he looked at his watch, a car pulled up next to Dad in time for the driver to get out of that car. And after that driver walked right up to him, Dad held out his hand and asked "Did you bring it?" "You better believe I did. And let me tell you right now that I had to use more than a dark room to develop these pics. I also had to use a dark alley." was what the driver said before he handed a large envelope to Dad. And when Dad opened that envelope and saw the photos of Kelly swimming naked at the beach with some of her friends, he gave a small envelope filled with money to the driver and said "Okay. You've done your job. Now get out of here." But after the driver got back into his car and left the scene, Dad shoved those photos into a trash can and used his lighter to set those pics on fire before he joined Kelly and the rest of the family back inside the Red Lobster.
© Copyright 2023 atkbereaoh (hoganthehero at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304317-More-Than-A-Dark-Room-To-Develop-These