*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304376-Dark-Ebony-Melanin
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Writing · #2304376
An appreciation of all the dark skinned individuals in this world. (Myself Included)
Darker than the midnight skies.

Darker that the vision I see when I close my eyes.

That brown skin, so smooth.........clear............& vibrant.

The pale moonlight makes it glow in complete silence.

Her dark skin is such a blessing in disguise.

Complementing her curves, hips, & thighs.

So much beauty lies up under that skin, but the world thinks otherwise.

So many individuals with a lighter complexion saying nothing but lies:

"You're too dark."

"Blending in with your clothes, I can't tell em apart."

"A burnt biscuit from the oven."

"You're so beautiful/handsome, but too dark for my lovin'."

Ridiculousness in this day & age.

All my dark skinned men & women started to internalize this phrase.

Believing that if they were a lighter, the world would have more love they saved.

Self-hatred of their skin tone, so they connect with those outside their race. (Nothing wrong with interracial relationships, tho!)

But I'm here to say:

That melanin is a unique state.

Embrace that chocolate that lies upon your body.

We were created this way to live life in harmony.

Appreciate those that love you beyond your skin.

Know that there will be many self-haters who will try to tear you down now & then.

But as long as the love inside you is strong, no one will ever be able to harm you.

The grace & glory of your skin is extremely powerful, didn't mean to alarm you.

A glorious gene that all those ebony take great pride in.

All of the beautiful models whose stories you can compare & confide in.

Know that they ALL struggled with accepting their skin, as they were taught by the world to hate their skin.

Till a person showed them that with their dark tone, they could change their very lives, it helped them make amends.

Love what you see when you look in that mirror, made in the image of The Most High.

Naturally enhancing your beauty will increase the beauty that lies inside.

- Maãlík
© Copyright 2023 Maãlík (loneplayboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304376-Dark-Ebony-Melanin