*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304936-Barney-Investigates-The-Price-Mansion
by Joseph
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2304936
The Price Mansion is haunted. In progress Sept. contest entry.
“O K Sarah, I bet the kids from down riverside street are up to no good again. When I get time I'll run over there to check things out. Bye now.”

“Sheriff, that old mansion is haunted; everybody knows that. Mr. Cody Casper said he saw Dorian Graymont lurking around. That old witch scares me. Marcy Drew wrote in her book that the house was built on top of a witch's crypt. “

“Barney, Marcy wouldn’t write about the Price House; now you just get on over there like you told Sarah.”

Deputy Barney Fife drives the squad car to the old, decrepit Price mansion. An eerie, creeping darkness surrounds the old mansion. With a deep breath, Deputy Barney summoned his courage to approach the ominous foyer entrance.

The mansion looms in the moonlight, its once-grand architecture now eroded by time and neglect. Nervous energy coursed through Deputy Barney's veins as he clutched his flashlight tightly. Broken windows gaped like hollow eye sockets, and the creaking of the old wooden porch echoed through the silence of the night. Every step he took was met with an unsettling echo.

Barney couldn't shake the feeling that he was not alone. A loud, unearthly howl echoes in the darkness. In the dim light, he catches a glimpse of a shadowy figure, fleeting yet unmistakably human, disappearing into the shadows. Terror clawed at Deputy Barney as he realized he was not alone in the haunted mansion. Someone, or something, was with him, and the mysteries of the dark mansion were about to unravel in ways he could never have imagined.

As he ventured deeper into the mansion, the strange sounds grew louder and more unnerving. Whispers seemed to emanate from the walls, and phantom footsteps echoed through the empty halls.

Up ahead in the distance, Barney sees shadows from a flickering light. Suddenly, the light extinguished, leaving Barney in pitch black darkness.

Barney's heart is about to pound out of his chest as he opens the door where he saw the light. Barney nearly passes out in relief as he finds Marcie Drew, the mystery writer, with a cameraman filming for a new horror movie.
.”

23 sentences
© Copyright 2023 Joseph (cuzzinjoe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2304936-Barney-Investigates-The-Price-Mansion