*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305224-The-Gentlemens-Thief
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Fantasy · #2305224
A poem based off of Sly Cooper - Maãlík
The moon glows bright in the night sky.

Stars shining down on the dark city’s plight.

The dark corners of the alleys hide the most sinister creatures from exposure.

A certain individual uses the dark to advantage, embracing the night’s closure.

A masked thief, dressed in all black from head to toe.

A symbol of a lone wolf on the center of his chest in navy blue that no one knows.

On his way to the Aristocrat family’s household.

To complete a task that was about to unfold.

Through the window, he went.

Sneaking across the living room.

Avoiding the 100% cotton rug that had the wood that would bring a loud doom.

Shining a light only bright enough to reveal enough to showcase what he needed to see.

Diamonds, gold, & pure, unearthed, refined jewelry.

He found himself in the safe room of all the prized possessions.

The Aristocrats had the fortune that would last an average person several generation sessions.

He began to take everything he could fit:

Stacks of money, diamonds, & pearls.

Till he saw a statue of an old woman, who looked to be the elderly legacy they keep for referral.

His heart was not one of a monster, so he kept that unbothered.

Looking at the safe, knowing the true treasure was kept inside farther.

A code was needed.

One that was four digits.

Looking around for clues, he was seeing.

Four random numbers in the corners: 2's, 8's, & 6's.

He tried many combinations, frustrated at his failed attempts.

Till he looked at the night's date, & it all made sense.

1/28/62: The day the Aristocrats came to his city.

To bring about a business that placed the lower class in something worse than slavery.

Paying taxes that kept them at a low financial rate.

Whilst having deplorable living experiences, their very lives at steak.

The Gentlemen Thief was on his 11th heist.

Waiting on the day he could get to their possessions.

To change his state of living.

& escape the city's tragic lessons.

Finally, he broke the safe's code.

Seeing what he needed:

The blank check he could use to build his new home.

In the city west of the one he was attempting to flee.

He grabbed all he could, closing the safe back to its original state.

Suddenly, he heard a voice screaming:

"Hey!! Who is in here?!?!"

Knowing it was the President of his run down town.

Mr. Aristocrat was downstairs, searching around.

Quick on his feet, The Gentlemen Thief wrapped up his stolen goods.

Turned off his light, he kept low as he made his way back to his start, as he should.

Mr. Aristocrat turned the lights on to his prized possessions, distraught at seeing it all gone.

"Wherever you are, you thief," He shouted, grabbing his gun. "You won't live for long!"

The Gentlemen Thief neared the window, starting to quickly make his exit,

Till he saw the lights in the living room come on, Mr. Aristocrat raising his weapon.

The president of the town shot at the Thief, only slightly grazing his shoulder.

The Gentlemen Thief winced in pain, hopping out the window, with a quick tuck & roll over.

He started to sprint for his life, stolen goods gripped tight in his bag.

He heard the door open, Mr. Aristocrat desperate for his final attack.

He shot at The Gentlemen Thief 3 consecutive times.

Missing all 3, the thief made a hard turn right.

Into a dark alley, the shadows giving him safety.

He clutched his bag of jewels tight, knowing his life will now soon be amazing.

The Gentlemen's Thief, only stealing from other Thieves.

As there's no honor, no glory, no fun, from him to steal from a common person like you or me.

- Maãlík
© Copyright 2023 Maãlík (loneplayboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305224-The-Gentlemens-Thief