*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305772-Most-Vulnerable-Moment
Rated: E · Poetry · Psychology · #2305772
Who you truly are in the raw, behind closed doors. - Maãlík
Mask off.

Walls down.

Arms open.

Head sound.

Seeing who you truly are when your guard’s down.

Not a cold hearted individual who doesn’t care about the world.

But someone who loves life, dances, & sings freely, girl.

Laugh, & play jokes comfortably around me, cause it’s safe.

Bawling your eyes out from pure frustration from the world’s adversities.

Licking your wounds from battle, hoping all your investments will soon be reimbursing.

Showcasing the soft, white, underbelly of your soul that only the selected few in a lifetime can experience.

The type of revelation that should be placed in a song lyric.

This is your most vulnerable moment.

You were just too afraid to show it.

Scared that someone would misunderstand you & judge you harshly.

Sensitive to criticism that you feel will emotionally start to harm you.

Child like enthusiasm in your spirit you express through your paintings.

Telling a secret that’s too powerful to express with words or sayings.

Who do you go to in moments of vulnerability that will allow you the freedom to be you authentically?

I just know I do my best to understand you, rather than misinterpret what you’re vocalizing to me.

How you’re not looking for an answer to every problem that arises.

But just need a person to listen to your struggles, till you conquer them & become wise.

To not use these moments as arsenal whenever I’m mad.

Helping us grow closer in our bond in which I’m glad.

These vulnerable moments teach me what it means to be human.

The ability to express one’s weaknesses without worry of how they’re viewed, a trait so exclusive.

There’s true strength in being vulnerable to the right person.

As I write my inner most vulnerable moments in my journals in cursive.

- Maãlík
© Copyright 2023 Maãlík (loneplayboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305772-Most-Vulnerable-Moment