*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305391-Boy-Lost
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #2305391
A story of loss and revenge.
It’s a story as old as time itself. Girl meets boy. Girl falls for boy. Boy returns feeling for girl. Boy discovers girl’s dark and twisted secrets. Boy stays with girl. “No matter what I will always love you.”
However, not all stories can have a happy ever after. One night Boy was returning from a special store. He was taking all his money to buy Girl a special gift. A, albeit small, engagement ring. Nothing too fancy. White gold with a less traditional red ruby. As he walked out of the Jewelry store on 6th street that cold and dark January night, two men waited for him in a dark alley. One man had small snub nose .38 while the others menacing weapon of choice, a rusty meat cleaver. They pulled Boy into the alley and demanded all he had. Whatever he bought and the remaining cash in his pocket. He handed them his wallet and insisted that he was merely making payment on an item to be retrieved at a later date.
“12 dollars? That’s all you have? A miserable 12 dollars?”
Angry, Cleaver slashed at boy. Blood began to soak through the slashed shirt. Boy tried to run only to hear a loud pop as he felt something hit him to the ground. Boy felt cold. His mouth burned as he tried to draw breath only to choke on the blood flowing from his throat. He tried crawling across the wet dirty alley, only to be stopped by a kick to the face. “We ain’t done with you yet, fucker.” He could feel something heavy on top of him. Pinning him down. Snub nose grabbed his arms and pulled them above his head. Holding his wrists tight. Boy tried to plead with them, “Pwas, pwas don...” They laugh as Cleaver began to slice his deceptively sharp blade in small cuts on Boy’s back. He cried out with each draw of the blade. Cleaver ripped the shirt away from the flesh and began to fillet his back. Pulling small strips of flesh away. Boy fought with all his might. Weakened by the loss of so much blood. Snub nose dropped boy’s hands and he still had no strength to try and fight. Finally, after what seemed like a small eternity they stopped. Hope flowed through Boy’s dying body as he thought perhaps someone would find him in time to call an ambulance. But Boy knew, he knew hope was dangerous. He opened his eyes in time to see the tread of the work boot come down on his head. He could feel his skull break against the cold asphalt. He could feel each time the boot came down on him. Felt his right eyes pop out of its socket and drag across the grit of the asphalt. His attempts at screaming were now just blood bubbles gurgling to the surface. He begged to die. To choke on the blood that was pouring out of his throat.
He could only hear the men now as distant whispers in a night that seemed to go forever. Finally, Boy felt a hot piercing pain in his chest. It was only for the briefest of moments, but he felt that bullet burst through his back and explode his heart. He knew, all of this could be no longer than the time it would take to blink and eyelash out of one’s eye. But right now. Laying in a pool of his own blood, with broken bits of his skull fighting to hold in the last remaining parts of his brain, it felt like hours. The darkness had a weight to it he did not expect. His last thoughts were those of Girl. The love of his life. He prayed she would be okay. That she would find happiness after she is told about his passing. And for a final though he whispered through broken teeth and swollen jaw, “God, please just let her think I ran away. Don’t let anyone tell her what has happened to me.”
That was the last thought Boy had.
The police told Girl what happened to her love. She cried as they gave her his possessions. Possessions which included a white gold ring with a red Ruby and an inscription. One word. One single word with the meanings of a thousand words for anyone that cared to understand. “ALWAYS”.
She cried. She cried for a long time. She thought she would never stop crying until one day a knock at her door. She answered to a short balding man. Sgt. Augusto. He was the Officer assigned to her beloved’s case. It had been almost two month and he swore he would find the men responsible. Witness statements gave them the discretion and one even knew Cleaver. However, the short balding man in front of her seemed to have lost the color in his face. His complexion was that of a freshly dug corpse. He stood on her stoop and with solemn eyes apologized. “Ma’am, we had to let them go. There's not enough evidence and they both have alibies.” He explained, finding the wallet in Snub nose’ house with boy’s ID was not enough for a judge to indict them. They say they found the wallet on the street. Money was already gone. She slowly closed the door on the man that was almost in tears in front of her. That was the last time Girl cried. She walked back to her bedroom and sat on the bed. Staring at the mirror that contained all the memories she made with Boy. All the polaroid’s taped to the mirrors edge smiling back at her. It was at that moment the fates had decided that Cleaver and Snub nose were not long for this world.
It only took her three days to find were they lived. On a quiet Tuesday night, she snuck into the home of Cleaver. She was not a tall woman by any means, but she was strong. Stronger than most men she had ever met. Cleaver saw her first, as she walked down the hall carrying his son. She had a mask covering her face. The mask was a twisted face carved into wood grain. He stood. “What the fuck are you doing in my house?” His wife frozen to the couch with fear at the site of this figure holding her only child. Cleaver came to a dead stop as he saw his favorite murder weapon of choice appear in Girl’s hand and slowly lift the young boys chin to reveal his pale neck. A single word had the two parents shaking. “Sit.”
They sat, holding each other’s hands. “What do you want?”
Girl placed the small child in its playpen and pulled a petite backpack from over her left shoulder. She tossed the bag to Snub nose and told him to open it. Confused he pulled out duct tape and galvanized cables that had carabiniers on one end and a loop on the other. “What the fuck?” Girl lowered herself, squatting next to the playpen. She held the Bladed weapon just above the child. Looking at Snub nose’ wife she said in a low, controlled voice, “Tape his hands, feet and his mouth.” She shook her head no. Crying.
Girl flicked the blade the child’s upper arm. Drawing the smallest cut. As she saw the blood mother screamed. She pulled the duct tape and frantically wrapped her husband’s wrist. She wrapped them so tight his hands turned white from lack of blood. After she finished with his feet. She covered his mouth, wrapping the tape completely around his head.
She threw the tape when she was done. Girl instructed her to stand. Mother whimpered and finally stood. She allowed Girl to guide her next to the playpen. As she began to reach for her child, Girl sliced though both of Mother’s hamstrings. She screamed as she dropped to the floor. Girl took this moment of her disorientation to wrap the tape around her mouth as she had done to her husband. She left the women and turned her attention to Cleaver. His eyes were on the verge of bulging out of his head. His face pale in the incandescent light. He froze in fear as she walked to him. She took one of the steel cables, looping the carabiner through the other end creating a slide loop. She placed the loop over his hands and tightened it down. He flinched. She took his arms and pulled him to his feet. He was unable to fight her. He looked to his wife. She was trying to scream through the tape on her mouth. Her hands reaching helplessly trying to stop the bleeding form her wounds. Her legs no longer worked. Girl pulled him to the side of the couch. Cleaver’s attention was violently pulled back when she broke a heavy mirror on the wall and threw the left-over frame to the ground revealing a heavy lag bolt fastened securely to the stud in the wall. She latched the carabiner to that bold and backed away as Cleaver looked on in confusion. He thought this is crazy. I can just lift my arms and pull… At that last thought he felt the blade cut across the back of his ankle and his body, full force, dropped to hang on that bolt that only a moment ago he had hoped she did not notice he could simply pull his arms up and escape. Now he knew better. Hope was a dangerous thing. He spun his body around. His back to the wall. His arms up. He could see the whole room. Girl straddled mother’s body. Because of the blood loss or the sheer shock, mother’s body was limp. She had lost all the fight. Girl leaned forward and whispered something into her ear that made the tears flow faster. Her eyes closed as Girl kissed her cheek in a loving, motherly, way. She then looked at Cleaver before grabbing Mother’s right arm, the one closest to him, and with all her might brought Cleaver’s favorite bladed weapon down on his wife’s arm. It took four hacks to finally sever the arm at the elbow. Mother screamed against her gag. Spittle and blood ran out of the tape covering her cheeks. Mixing with her tears. Her eyes became lost. She searched frantically. Her mind made her body desperately try to go numb. To save her from the pain she was feeling. As her eyes focused on her severed arm that now laid at her screaming husband’s feet. She felt cold steel enter right below her chest. Deep. Hot blood covered her chest. A quick slice downward opened not only her shirt but her stomach. Intestine and blood pumped out. Mother looked at Girl playing with her inside and finally to her masked face. Girl pulled her bloodied hand away from the mess and licked her fingers. She stood and walked to where Cleaver was struggling against his restraints. Girl took her blood covered and wiped it across Cleaver’s face. He tried to pull with all his might. Tried to fight. Tried to make his legs hold his hefty weight. Girl turned and slammed the blade into Mother’s throat. Ending her suffering. She watched as the light faded slowly from Mother’s eyes. Trying to take one last look at her son.
Cleaver hung on the wall. Crying. Tears and spittle from the gag running down his face. Soaking his shirt. Girl walked to the playpen and picked up the still crying child. On her way to Cleaver, she picked up the large blade from Mother’s dead body and making sure Cleaver saw her she took the baby into the kitchen. Cleaver screamed. The baby cried. A loud thump camp from the blade biting into the countertop. Silence. Cleaver could no longer hear his son cry. He began screaming silently. Sound no longer came from his mouth. Girl reappeared. She cut the shirt from Cleaver’s body and cut him several time. Quick shallow cuts. He twitched each time. Flinched from the sight of the blade each time. His upper body was covered in dozens of small bleeding cuts. His head hung low. She used the blade under his chin to raise his head. With her free hand she stabbed him with a knife he didn’t know she had. She had pierced his right lung. He gasped for air. She used the same knife to cut the tape from his mouth. She dropped the blade in her right hand to the floor, leaving her only with her knife. She raised the knife to his hands. He mouthed the words, “Why?”
Girl’s voice for the first time was shaky, “He was my everything and you took him from me.” At the recognition of her voice, Cleaver raised his head so he could meet her eyes. His pupils constricted. The fear climbed into his throat almost choking him.
Girl removed her mask to reveal who she was to this scrap of meat hanging on a hook. His last words came almost as a stutter. He choked them out. “Madelyn?” Girl stabbed Cleaver in the side of the neck right in front of his spinal cord. With a violent thrust, she pulled the knife forward cutting his throat. The light left his eyes fast. Blood splattered over Girl’s face and chest. She stood staring at his body as it began to go limp and hand on the wall.
The police found Girl at the home of Snub nose. She had called them after she tortured and killed his entire family. The two daughter’s bodies had been gutted and pinned to their beds. Like a macabre display one might use on insects instead of little girls. The wife’s body was never completely found. Girl would never tell them where her head had gone. And the missing pieces of her hands and feet would eventually be excreted by the family pet in the backyard. As for Snub nose. It was his shot that had finally killed the love of her life. She took her time with him. Removing pieces of his internal organs. Showing them to him before he passed out only to be revived again and again. When the police finally arrived, Girl was sitting in the living roomed covered from head to toe in blood. The room looked straight out of a butcher’s back room. She did not fight. She did not argue. When she was put in handcuffs, she walked herself to the police car as the officers on duty threw up their lunch. Contaminating the crime scene.
During her interrogation she said nothing. As she was found guilty the Judge asked if she had anything to say for herself. “Send me to my beloved.”
Girl was executed six months later on the states fastest ever decision to not delay.
Girl is finishing her last meal of macaroni and cheese and fried potatoes. The guards enter. Before she is escorted from her cell, Girl is searched. She is searched for weapons, contraband, or anything that could interfere with what is about to happen. The guards find nothing. The make notes of all the marking and tattoos on her body to verify that the body after is hers. One of the guards is intrigued by the tattoo on her chest. A pentagram, he thinks but he does not recognize any of the symbols inside or the ones that dance across her bare breast. He chalks it up to devil worship and returns her linen top and pants. Girl refuses to put her slippers back on her feet. She is cuffed and walked down a small corridor. A funny thought brings a smile to her face, “I thought it would be green.”
She is ushered into a small room with a large window on one side. The center of the room is home to a platform that hold the electric chair. Her eyes follow the cords from the chair to a large breaker type box on the wall. A hooded man stands next to it. “Executioners mask.” Another thought that makes her smile. She sits on the chair and her feet are secured first. Then her hands are freed from the cuffs and latched to the chair. Girl looks through the large window she is facing and see dozens of faces staring back at her. “Those are the relative of the families that you slaughtered.” The guard searched her face for a response. Remorse. Fear. He saw nothing. She refused the priest. The warden and the guards took their spots in the room. A Tall man with a nice thousand-dollar suit comes into the carrying a clip board with a few pages on it. Girl never looks at him. She never takes her eyes of the window before her. He speaks in a calm, generic voice. She doesn’t understand him. To her its all mumbles and squawks. He recites the normal rhetoric. You were found guilty by a jury of your peers. For your crimes you are sentenced to die by the state…. Girl overheard the guards discuss how, ‘They hope she rots in hell for what she did to those kids.’
Fuck the adults she guessed. Finally, the Tall man demanded her attention. “Do you have any last words?”
Girl closed her eyes and raised her head as high as she could with the electrode skull cap on, “I will find you my love.”
The face cover was lowered, and the guards backed away. “What about the mouth guard?”
“Let her break her fucking teeth. Closed casket.”
The warden, un-phased by what he just heard, gave the nod. A portly guard of about 5 feet 3 inches pulled the lever. The lights flickered. The hum of electricity filled the room. Girls body began to convulse. Her screams tore through the no tiny room. A bright light was emanating from her chest. “What the fuck is that?” The warden was no longer un-phased. Everyone’s attention fell on Girl. Her linen top filled with that bright orange light until it could not take it anymore and it burst into flames. A quick-thinking guard grabbed the tiny fire extinguisher and aimed at Girl’s now burning torso. Before he could remember how to pull the pin, the linen top was burned to grey ash and began blowing around the room. The guards and warden froze at the sight of Girl’s bare chest. The orange glow was a fire on her chest. It burned with a hot fire that reached every guard in the room. The ones standing closest to her would later receive medical treatment for second degree burns. Everyone else just appeared to have a very bad sunburn. Girl’s body gave one final jerk. The Face covering burned away, and Girl looked up at her executioners and opened her eyes. “Cut the damn power. NOW.” The warden’s voice was a whisper in the storm at this point. The guard pulled the lever severing the power to the chair. The hum stopped. The flames began to die down, leaving Girl’s pale skin exposed for the world. The warden walked to what he thought would be a charred body. Mesmerized by how there were no burns on any part of her exposed skin. Her eyes were white. No pupils. He tried to touch her. To see if what happened was real. Before he could muster the nerve to touch her flesh. Her neck to check for a pulse. Her head turned to the large window in front of her where most of the relatives had scattered and left. And to the few that remained she looked at them with those white eyes and laughed. Her head fell. Her chin laid on her chest. She was dead. Her last thought was of the last time she was with Boy. How happy they were. How they promised too always be together. And how death would never stop them.
This was her final memory as she went searching for here lost love.
“Where the hell is her tattoo?”
“What?” Voices seemed to shout after the eerie still of the room. “I searched her myself. She had a tattoo on her fucking chest. Where is it?”
The guard was right. Her chest was bare. No tattoo. No scars. No marks of any kind.
© Copyright 2023 Bloodfreak (bloodfreak187 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305391-Boy-Lost