*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305541-2025-Gynarchy-Part-1
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #2305541
What might life look like in a female-dominated world?
Joan placed a Tide Pod in the washing machine started the laundry and went over to the ironing board. He set the spray starch bottle on the counter next to it. The lace trim was to be starched, as were the collars of his wife's business suits. He always set it up ahead of time. Joan always tried to prepare for the unexpected. The housework was easy, as his wife, Bill, made no great demands. They just lived a typical Gynarchy, role-reversed marriage. John was Joan and Billie was Bill.

Joan was used to having Bill as the head of the house. They agreed not to allow the New Age Lifestyle to pervert their marriage any more than necessary to survive. They had seen it coming a long time while others ignored it. Bill went to work, came home, and helped with household chores as he did when he was the head of the household. Sure, clothing reversed, as did the roles each had, but, working together they managed to get by without the Male Code Enforcement officers bothering them.

Some women hated men and tried to belittle them every chance they got. Radical feminists who pushed this government used it to enslave as many men as they could. They were behind past issues like drag queens reading stories in school and teaching boys they could be girls. They had infiltrated the government, education system, entertainment field, and every branch of life to push their agenda.

Joan heard the washing machine start running so he went to the kitchen to do the breakfast dishes. Joan had a style and organization Bill loved. Joan could keep the house spotless with little work. Many women made their males wear French Maid's uniforms but Bill allowed Joan to be comfortable as long as he stayed within the Gynarchy Male Dress Code. Instead of corsets, Joan wore open-bottom, all-in-one girdles, and instead of lace top back seam stockings, Joan wore sheer nude back seam stockings gartered to his girdles. The lace-trimmed sating maids' uniforms may fed the egos of some women but Bill opted for lighter outfits which she and Joan agreed on. Most of the time Joan wore double-skirted satin or nylon tricot above-the-knee slips, covered by lace-trimmed, above the knee, Georgette dresses having lace-trimmed Peter Pan collars and lace-trimmed flutter sleeves. His lace-trimmed half aprons protected them and Bill had purchased extra full-coverage aprons if Joan wanted to use them should the need arise. While Joan was forced by law to wear four-inch stilettos in public, at home Bill allowed him to wear three-inch stacked heels.

Joan washed, dried, and put away the breakfast dishes and utensils. By doing some things like laundry every day he could stay on top of the housework easily. He heard the washing machine stop and threw the clothing into the dryer. He quickly hand-washed his and Bill's lingerie and added it to the other wash. Joan felt some of the items were dry enough to starch so he starched the lace trim, shirt cuffs, and collars for Bill, and took some items out to finish air-drying.

Joan went back to the kitchen and started dinner. Bill was coming home for lunch and Joan wanted to surprise her with her favorite lunch, baked chicken breasts, and mashed potatoes. After setting out the food and setting the table, Joan started the meal. While it was starting he took the clothes out of the dryer and put everything away after doing the needed folding and hanging of items. Back in the kitchen, Joan finished cooking and setting everything out.

As Joan finished he heard the front door open. Doors were kept locked according to law so Joan knew it was Bill. He went to the door and hugged and kissed her.

They would eat and when Bill went back to work they would finish another typical day in a role reversed Gynarchy lifestyle.
© Copyright 2023 Novice Author (francinec at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305541-2025-Gynarchy-Part-1