*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305609-Gynarchy-2025-Part-2
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #2305609
Just some ideas on what a female-dominated society might be like.
Joan walked towards the dining room table with a coffee for him and another for Karen. When Bill went back to work she told Joan to call Karen and see if she was free to come over. She seemed sure Karen's guardian, Ron, would allow it. The fenced-in harem gardens had an access door so the guys could visit each other without being in society or seen by females.

Karen had his hands folded under his chin and drew up his 50s birdcage veil when he saw Joan bring coffee. He also removed the lace gloves which he was careful to wear when outside, even in the harem gardens. He wore rubber gloves to do laundry and dishes so his nails wouldn't get scuffed, cotton for general work, and lace to visit, per Gynarchy Male Code rules.

Many of the rules governing a male's life were mainly for humiliation and embarrassment. Full-time veiling and having their hands, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth covered as well as being 100% covered in public mainly strove to embarrass them in front of women.

Joan, I noticed that your clothing seems way lighter than mine. Where do you get what you wear? I mean, Ron would probably enjoy it if I wore stuff like that.
Joan laughed and said, "Billie buys what I pick out. She says I have better taste than she does. I generally pick out a double-skirted slip because of how light the material my dresses are made from. I wear three of them each day. I also pick out dresses made from Georgette. It's a lighter more sheer fabric which flows as I walk."

Karen smiled and said, "I noticed that. My stuff is heavier and just hangs. Not very much of a sight for Ron." Karen loved his wife Ron and after the new government passed they decided to take care of each other as before. Neither agreed with the new government but decided it was better to just go along with it than try to escape.

Joan smiled and said, "I'll send you a list of what to look for and the websites they are on."

Karen was shocked, and said, "You know males aren't allowed to use electronics. "

They made more small talk about the changes in society and government and how it was just so foolish and backward. Only women could wear traditional men's clothing and hold their jobs, and only men could wear what was traditionally women's attire and hold their jobs if their guardians allowed it. Finally, Karen looked up at the wall clock.

"I better be running along. I still have some housework to do before I start Ron's supper."

Joan walked with Karen to the gate separating his harem garden from Karen's. They remarked about being caged in all of the time. But, both men seemed to be adapting. When Karen went through the doorway Joan closed the gate which locked automatically. He would make supper and after doing the supper dishes, would get showered and ready for bed with his wife who now was his guardian.

He waved with a girly hand gesture he was practicing. He didn't really care about the role reversal but in his conversation with Bill the night before, both agreed that feminism enslaved women more than men.


© Copyright 2023 Novice Author (francinec at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305609-Gynarchy-2025-Part-2