*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305560-Bothers-what-ifs
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Sci-fi · #2305560
Octoprep exercise for October 1st
What if Jeanie doesn't like Bother? What if Bother gets kidnapped by Corporate CEO guy? What if I figure out what Corporate CEO guy's name is? Augh. What if CEO's name is Augh? No thats stupid. What if CEO's name is Garry? What if Garry is a controll freak whose full name is Garry Timothy Fullerton? What if Garry wants to build a robot army to rule the world but he's cheap? What if Garry wants to "repurpose" old robots for his army? What if he wants to take over the world because he think it'd be easier to do what he wants with his company? What if Jeanie is a mechanic at Garry's factory? What if she found out about the plot? What if the plot was secret? What if there was an elaborate cover story for Gary's about recycling? What if Jeanie believes in recycling? What if she believes in recycling but doesn't like to see self aware AI programs overwritten? What if Bother is a self aware AI? What if as part of being self aware, Bother developed a personality of his own? What if this means Bother can't be scrapped? What if there's such a thing a machine rights movement? What if thats the reason Bother can't be scrapped because he's self aware?

Back to all that other stuff. What if Bother was a gift from Jeanie's parents? What if Bother has been sitting in the garage of someone and then ended up in a thrift store for a year before that? What if that's sad? What if Bother knows his language module has become damaged? What if he wants to say words other than Bother? What if thats why he collects broken rubber duckies? What if he collects them because he compares them to himself and thinks he's like the broke duckies? What if one day, after a fight with Jeanie he's in the midst comforting himself with his hobby? What if while he's in that activity, one of Garry's minions nabs him?

What if Jeanie is a mechanical prodigy? What if she thinks that she doesn't need any friends but her mom and dad think she does? What if she's frustrated that her new companion bot is kind of buggy? What if she doesn't like the behavior of Bother? What if she tries to change Bother? What if thats what they fought about? What if she regrets making Bother run away? What if she had a tracking app for Bother? What if that's how she stumbles on her boss's evil plot? What if she's shocked and knows she has to stop it because billions will suffer and die? What if she rescues Bother first? What if they need to work together to stop Garry?

What if the world Jeanie and Bother and Gary live in is set over a century in the future? What if the ice caps have melted and all the cities on islands and near the ocean have been submerged? What if now everybody lives in "tower cities" or "floating cities?"(On water not flying) What if Jeanie lives in a floating city? What if it's her job to maintain the machines that make up the city? What if she has a small cabin (like on a boat) that serves as her living quarters? What if all the people she cares about live in the floating city with her? What if they don't? What if she has a love interest? What if they don't know she likes them? What if they do? What if I ran out of what ifs?
© Copyright 2023 Scarypotato-doing bettertoday (scarypotato14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305560-Bothers-what-ifs