*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305585-NaNo-Prep-23-Day-one---What-if
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Fantasy · #2305585
My first day of PrepMo 23 - answering the question, What if?
NaNo 23 Prep day one What if
Characters:
Icerna Frostbane: Ice warlock, Patron: Frost Queen
Lysandra Frostshade: Icerna’s niece.
Ignatius Flameheart: fire warlock
Seraphine Tidewalker: water mage. Once served Lord Malachar Shadowbane
Lord Malachar Shadowbane: rules of the current regime
Kaelin Thornshadow: young mage learning his powers of air and wind. Friend of Lysandra
Aelar Frostshroud: Long lost love of Icerna. Imprisoned at the story’s outset

What if?
What if the trio of mages are found out by Lord Shadowbane before they are ready to act?
What if Icerna and Ignatius do not trust Seraphine because of her one-time allegiance to Shadowbane?

What if a protégé of Tidewalker’s tries to entice Lysandra Frostshade into an allegiance with Shadowbane (these names may have to change. Too many are similar)
Icerna would trust her niece, of course, as one of her only surviving family members. Others in the family are now housed in Lord Shadowbane’s dungeon.
Icerna would involve Lysandra in all of her plans, in the plot to undermine the regime. Ignatius may have some knowledge that Lysandra is hanging out with the “wrong crowd.” That crowd, of course, would include many youth of the inner circle of Lord Shadowbane.
What if Lysandra’s allegiance to the other side ends up putting both Icerna and Ignatius’ bid to overthrow Shadowbane? They will be put in the dungeon as well. They will find help there, of course, and other mages who will be on their side. But they would all be imprisoned, meaning it would do them little good anyway.
What if someone on the outside turns Lysandra around?
What if one of her new allies under Shadowbane suddenly realizes he has magical powers as well? Kaelin Thornshadow would come to Lysandra, knowing her aunt had been imprisoned. What if Lysandra convinces Kaelin to learn more about his powers and both of them realize how oppressive the current regime is and they make a plot to rescue Icerna, Aelar and the others?
Backing up a bit, what if, when Icerna winds up imprisoned by Shadowbane, she finds her long-lost true love Aelar? She thought he simply walked away from her and was crushed, never again risking loving another. She finds him in the dungeon and realizes he has been there since she last saw him, but was unable to get word to her.
© Copyright 2023 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305585-NaNo-Prep-23-Day-one---What-if