*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305771-NaNo-Prep-Day-Three-2023
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Fantasy · #2305771
This is my day 3 Prepmo entry. Protagonist profile
Icerna Frostbane is my protagonist. Icerna had ice-blue eyes and silver hair that shimmers like water in the moonlight. She is an imposing figure, with a 6-foot, thin frame. Her many robes radiate cold. She has long, slender hands tipped with sharp, ice-like fingernails. When she moves, she seems to simply slide across the landscape.
Icerna is an ice mage. She can conjure and control ice with her ice manipulation power. She can freeze her enemies mid stride, but this power is limited and may only be used in a pinch. She can also create blizzards at a moment’s notice. She has the ability to create ice minions, small creatures with limited powers, but those creatures can send visual and audio information back to her from anywhere.
She can create an impenetrable shield of ice around herself and anyone she is touching, but the shield only lasts for a certain amount of time.
Her frostbite hex can be used more often than freezing of her enemies. She can inflict crippling frostbite on her enemies, but only at short distances, which puts her at risk of their attack as well.
Icerna can also summon an ice familiar. This familiar can take the form of a spectral frost wolf, an ethereal snow owl and many things in between.
She also has a pact with the Frost Queen whereby she has access to all of the knowledge of all of the ice secrets and ancient magic.
Her biggest weakness is being too trusting. She trusts those in her family and other ice mages to a fault. Because she was brought up under this oppressive regime, she chooses her friends carefully. But she has often been hurt by those closest to her. In fact, her one true love Aelar Frostshroud, left her as they were making plans to wed and never returned.
Icerna came into her powers at a young age. The Frost Queen offered up her teachings with Icerna’s promise to work toward overthrowing the regime. Now that familiars and mages have started to be rounded up, Icerna knows it is time to put the plan into action.
She is unsure of herself as a worthy leader. But she is committed to bring the regime down. She lost her father to the regime when she was very young. Her mother succumbed to the plague three years later, leaving her to fend for herself.
© Copyright 2023 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305771-NaNo-Prep-Day-Three-2023