*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305645-Key-Inheritance-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Draft · Sci-fi · #2305645
Day two of the October challenge
Key Inheritance

Settings: 1. Earth: Sanctuary site- Former Downtown Los Angeles 2050 AD 2. Egypt 20,500 BC

Protagonist(s): Jon Smith

Immortal (with a catch) He turns to dust short after returning to his home time of 2050. Only immortal so long as he stays in the past.

He remains mostly unknown to his offspring; never sharing his past or his fears. Only his first born son in 20,500 BC knows his story. From there, the Key Inheritance is simply something passed on from 'Grandfather'. Keeps emotional distance from his offspring, knowing he will outlive them all up to the end of his quest.

His goal is to save the Earth in the time he had left. He wishes to avoid the time machine and devices from being used for selfish means.

Those he 'leaves' the devices to must pass on the responsibility of protecting them from harm or detection on to their offspring. Some may refuse it or refuse to even believe what is told to be true. If discovered and not corrected by the devices, the Earth of 2050 may be doomed.

The leaders of Sanctuary site discovered the device in 2050 and send a team back in time to try to save the Earth their own way. This creates issues with Jon Smith's plans.

© Copyright 2023 Scifiwizard Retired (scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305645-Key-Inheritance-2