*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305875-Counting-Words-NaNo-Prep-Challenge-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Mystery · #2305875
Jane Mitchel. That’s about as average as it comes.
Draft a profile of your protagonist. Include detailed information such as name, age, physical attributes, occupation, education, culture, religion, family, relationship status, personality, likes, dislikes, strengths, weakness, motivations and desires.

Use Google Images to find an image of your character.

Flesh out your pre-story character in detail. Keep in mind that your protagonist will grow in some way during your story.

Name: Dumpy, also known as, JANE, probably one of the most boring names ever which I not only can abide but which I also still rather like. Jane Mitchel. That’s about as average as it comes.

Age: Mid 40’s, which I will take to be exactly 45, because that makes it pretty simple.

physical attributes: dishwater blonde hair, thin from age and motherhood and stress. 65 pounds overweight, so her body is pretty rounded and you can’t just say she’s “pleasantly plump” and hey this isn’t fat shaming because I’m basing this character on myself and I’m actually 100 pounds overweight, and not because of any legitimate health reasons, either. I eat way too much junk food and I do not exercise. I could blame my depression but I’m trying to be honest here… I’m also just super lazy. This obviously doesn’t apply to anyone else, but it def. applies to me, and thus it certainly does to Jane as well.

Occupation: Let’s go with what I almost know… librarian. I was a bookseller for like a hundred years, and I actually want to get a masters degree in library science, and I have the paperwork to prove it. I’m just too poor for college so since I love that book life I will upgrade le moi in the career department and live through Jane vicariously. Yay!

Education: Oh! Ha, Jane has a master’s degree from her local state college. But her branch just closed and most of the staff has been laid off. Banning books is bad juju, people. Don’t do it! Poor Jane. She was offered a transfer to the next nearest branch but it’s over an hour away. Oh, and the position would be a demotion, so… PASS. Sucks to suck.

Culture: Middle America. Cornfield USA. Small town Ohio. It’s gorgeous. But she is a spot of Blue in a bleeding sea of Red. It’s not good. Jane has a love-hate relationship with her area. She’s progressive in a town that’s… not. She can’t put up Pride flags or boast BLM bumperstickers or anything like that, because Ohio loves guns and shit can get scary here. Dang, did I just get autobiographical? Maaaybeeee...

religion: Absolutely not, and it’s a real problem, ya’ll. It’s not a good time to be atheist.

family, relationship status, personality, likes, dislikes, strengths, weakness, motivations and desires.
© Copyright 2023 Andi-Roo (andi-roo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305875-Counting-Words-NaNo-Prep-Challenge-3