*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305902-Bother-Climax
Rated: ASR · Assignment · Sci-fi · #2305902
Jeanie and company find Garry's secret robot army.
"Holy crap!" I whispered. "There must be hundreds of robots down there." Simeon squinted at the eclectic rows of machines.

"I estimate that the army Garry has amassed means that there are five robots for every person in Ocean Princess City," he said. "If we don't stop this we're so screwed."

Bother nudged my leg. His eyes were yellow again. "Bother," he declared quietly. The poor bot's carapace was vibrating--his equivalent of anxiety I guess.

"I know buddy," I said. "Glad we rescued you."

"Simeon, you got any ideas on what to do next?"

He surveyed the army again. "I don't think they're active yet," he said. "If we could prevent Garry from reprogramming them--"

A loud klaxon blared as the main doors to the warehouse started to slide open. I looked all over the catwalk for somewhere the three of us could hide.

Just my luck, there was nowhere; what had I expected on a suspended walkway? Mr. Fullerton was walking in with a couple of lackeys. I silently prayed they didn't look up.

"All right you two," I said. "Nobody make a sound." Simeon nodded and Bother's eyes went to white slits as he stood in standby mode.

Garry looked like the commissioner inspecting Order officers. He turned to a geeky looking henchman, who I mentally dubbed Nerd. "How long before my army's ready?" Garry asked him.

Nerd tapped his tablet and brought up some sort of count down. "Approximately eight hours forty-five minutes thirty seconds and counting," he said. Man, I had to wonder if Nerd wasn't an android.

Garry donned a satisfied smirk. "Excellent," he said. "Once your program launches we'll be ready to deploy?"

"Yes," Nerd replied. "It should only take nanoseconds for Green Wave's server to relay the instructions via public wi-fi."

The sound of Garry clapping echoed around the cargo bay. "Good!" He said. "That means Skipper Kathy won't stand a chance. Finally, the strangle hold that silly cow has on my company will be removed. I think there's a promotion in your future. How does Head of Cyber sound?"

Nerd shuffled awkwardly. Clearly Garry had made that job up off the top of his head. I think Nerd knew that was a big load of bull. "Thank you sir," he said.

Not wasting time watching the trio of conspirators leave, I turned to Simeon. "We need to get that tablet," I said. "Any ideas?"

Simeon took his glasses off and cleaned them. "Actually, getting into Green Wave's server might be a better idea," he said. "That way, we could find the data pack before it launches. If we can stop it from going out, Garry won't have his army."

I frowned,Ocean Princess' server room was one of the more secure areas in the city. This wasn't going to be easy.
© Copyright 2023 Scarypotato-doing bettertoday (scarypotato14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305902-Bother-Climax