*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306118-Fear-The-Light
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Dark · #2306118
A poem about my fear of waking up.
I am not afraid of the dark… I fear the light… The sunlight’s beam lands on my frame, scars begin to show, reminders of mistakes I have made.

Memories of past failures begin to shine, memories which were dead, now risen back to life thanks to this curse filled light…

No longer can I hide amidst the blanket of peaceful rest, I must awake, but I wish to sleep, the lion's roar threatens me to wake, its fangs, razor sharp, ready to pull me back to reality. But please, let me stay in this world for just a bit longer. It is safer here, no light can find its way here, no demons can torment me here…no devil to suffocate me…just pure darkness…

The sun’s breath is endless, more hollow forms are rising, it is time to rise as the bell of awakening reminds us that we are a slave to time. Reminds us that we have no power over it, reminds us that we must enjoy what time we have left, but what if I were to break the clock and all of time were to freeze. Would human existence just begin to falter, would I begin to find true joy amidst this frozen void. Truly I do not know…I pray for sleep…I pray for rest…I pray…for relief.
© Copyright 2023 Fernando (seasack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306118-Fear-The-Light