*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306193-Trapped-Within-The-Realm-of-Torment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Dark · #2306193
A poem I wrote on a bad day
I feel trapped…. The lion’s roar keeps tormenting me…its threats of harm and death cut right through my own defenses, a flame inside me beckons to attack but I know that would only be adding fuel to its own degrading nature. Words leave my mouth, insults and defenses as I feel lost and hopeless, only really trying to say …I am not well, please leave me be, but even when said, the lion is ignorant to my pleas. I beg for help from the wolf, and its bite and claws cut deeper than that of the lion, its anger is fueled from past trauma and its own self hate. The wolf is dying, it knew this years ago, but it continued on the path of self destruction, ignoring all pleas from its pack. I try to explain the ways of harm that the lion has done, but the wolf retaliates in anger, ready to release claws upon me, hoping for me to slip and fall into the pool of rage. It takes every fiber of my being to keep calm… I feel ignored...I feel hated...I feel alone...I feel sick...I feel hurt...I feel trapped…. I once believed that the wolf would never hurt me, that it would defend me for eternity… oh how foolish I was to believe it's lie…I cared for the lion, once upon a time, but I feel now that all my feelings for it are of wishful deaths and harm for its own frame. I call upon the bronze and gold eagle for help, but they themselves have their own struggles to tend with, and even when a successful call has been made, it is ignored along with all my other attempts. The Cat is injured beyond all repair, its constant battle with disease, trauma, and limited supplies of sustenance keep me from reaching out to it. My closest allies feel so far away, I could ask for help, but they themselves have no power to break down the gates of the fortress I am trapped in. The devil calls upon images of self harm and suicide as an option, but no. I do not wish to leave this realm, no matter how treacherous it is. I feel I deserve to experience a happy life until my demise, but wish it would arrive sooner. Again I am sitting here, a pain in my chest, water falling down upon my broken plated armor, my tarnished blade is my only defense, and even it is limited in power. I hope for someone to save me, to rid me of this land of sheer torment. I hope for a savior to teach me ways to help myself, there are a few who I speak to for this assistance, but demons stand around me during all hours of the day, shouting out images of the painful past. I feel myself slipping into the void, my existence disappearing as I kneel to the floor, my helm rotting within my skin as I shout out for someone to save me…I…Need…help…please…give…me…relief.
© Copyright 2023 Fernando (seasack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306193-Trapped-Within-The-Realm-of-Torment