*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306308-PrepMo-2023-Day-10-Rising-action
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Fantasy · #2306308
The rising action for my 2023 NaNo Novel
The rising action will take place – the final rising action – when Icerna and Ignatius and the rebellion-sided prison guards break out and start to fight Shadowbane’s men. Many of the guards will be lost to Lysandra’s meddling. Because Icerna confided in her, she knows the entire plan.
Lysandra will inform Shadowbane’s men he has moles in the dungeon where Icerna, Ignatius and Aelar were being imprisoned. Of course, no one will know which guards are working for the rebellion, so many of them will be randomly killed to keep the others in line.
There will still be several guards left, however, that will be willing to help the mages. The trio will find their way out of the prison and connect with mages on the outside, who have changed up the plan for the rebellion. Icerna will know now that Lysandra was a traitor.
At some point Icerna will come face to face with her brother Thalric, who has aligned himself with Shadowbane. At the point she meets her brother, to whom she has not spoken in years, the rebellion is about to take Lord Shadowbane’s castle. She cannot force herself to hurt Thalric, not matter his allegiance.
This meeting will be detrimental to the rebellion. I am not sure how detrimental yet. It will, however, set back their efforts.
Lysandra will come back to Icerna at this point, too. She will tell her aunt she understands, now, that the regime is oppressive. She will say she wants to help the rebellion. Icerna will not be sure if she can now trust Lysandra.
© Copyright 2023 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306308-PrepMo-2023-Day-10-Rising-action