*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306333-Silence
by Jiji
Rated: E · Prose · Experience · #2306333
I used to be scared of silence until I saw its beauty.
I am no longer afraid of silence. I used to fear about hearing it mocking me and fear about seeing it if I walk with my heads up. However, when I met it, it seduced me. For a moment, I cut all my passions in order to appreciate its presence and look at it straight in the eyes without any awkward stare nor a nervous smile. It became the center of my world and showed me my true fear. Assuming its existence, denial of the fact that it shouldn't belong in my life. By wanting to persuade myself that it didn't exist, I missed the peace that it wanted to bring to me. It was tender and understanding. Thanks to it, I heard every accentuated details of the surrounding sounds, which I've never paid any attention before. Laughs, wind, birds coming and going. All those sounds that I've never wanted to listen to by which I thought was disgust of this world. Actually, they represent the best present of this world, which offer themselves to me without me doing anyting. Contrary to my world, a too comfortable world to permit the birth of courage.

My world filled with artificials noises didn't have anything to bring to me instead of fear to leave it. By opening those doors, even without noticing it, I opened my heart to the world and thank silence for accompaning me as soon as I'm scared. Or rather as soon as I am a craven whereas my world is attracting me again, without ever letting me go.

I hate this silence. The one that think it has a power on us. It spends its all time stepping on our head, preventing us from any sort of courage to act against it. We started to agree, that we were indeed, weaker than silence. Only a few people, who found the courage to break it, discovered the magnificent side of silence.

I love this silence. The one that will spend the rest of its life by my side, together, even during my last breaths, even when I won't be conscious anymore, even after the world collapses.
© Copyright 2023 Jiji (jijis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306333-Silence