*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303555-The-younger-sister
by Jiji
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Family · #2303555
My vision of the younger sister
This little girl arrives in her family. She sees her mom then her dad, and finally her older brother. It could have been an older sister. In that case, this older sister would have had live the terrible life the younger sister is about to live with an older brother. Even thought he has 3 years older than her, it doesn't matter. What matter is the gender. She will always be the one called. No matter what tasks she's asked to do, she is called. Why that? Why is the older brother not called? I don't know. He doesn't know. Nobody does. She could have been happy to be called everytime to help her parents. But she would always look for her brother. She would think :"if i do all the tasks in the house, they will surely give me all the affection". The joke is that the brother keep receiving all attention, because he can't do anything on his own. And not because of a disease. Leaving the little girl all alone as "she can take care of yourself perfectly without help".

As soon as she enters middle school, she was confronted with reality. Meaning she had to deal with bullies, responsabilities, loosing friends and meeting new ones, being rejected. She strated to think there were a problem with her. Something that would keep people away from her. Something that would afraid people of her. Anger was filling her body, thinking all the suffer she had to live was because of her older brother. The thought of looking at her brother, touching him, talking to him nor beeing in the same place would disgust all her senses that she forgot his face. What she was trying to do, is avoiding to admit that it's also her fault. Not only because of the omnipresence of her brother, but her lack of courage to ask for help. She thought "I can take care of myself perfectly without help" was the truth. So she believed it, as she was facing the most difficult part of her life without daring to ask for a hand.

My vision as the younger sister.
© Copyright 2023 Jiji (jijis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303555-The-younger-sister