*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306511-Harvest-Festival-3965
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2306511
wrote for daily flash fiction 10/14/23
Prompt for 10/14
Write a story that includes the words: rose, chair, space
Have fun!

Words 235



Harvest Festival 3965
Majestic, an ancient tree, welcomed her friend of three thousand years, Grand Tinge. This year when she opened her bark an ornately carved chair in the shape of a fully blossomed rose awaited her. Every inch of inner space was delicately laced with rose leaves, and vines heavy with fruit.

“Thank you, Majestic for this glorious space to view the Harvest Festival parade. It’s perfect!”
“I agree. But this was not my doing. It was your granddaughter’s pet…the woodworm she calls Woodrift.”

“Where are they now?”

“I couldn’t tell you. She asked to go to the 7th realm, and I told her not without your consent…. She has a beautiful voice, doesn’t she?”

“Tiny is more imp than fairy. She may have gotten herself into trouble. Please search for her.”
Majestic found the cocoon and the broken crystal pod, but there was no trace of Tiny or Woodrift.

“The parade has begun. Shall we enjoy it together old friend?”

Beyond the caravan of festival attendees, in the sky above balloons and wispy white clouds appeared a long snake-like shape moving closer and closer. On the head of a shimmering blue dragon was Tiny.

“We made it in time. Wooddrift.” Tiny said as she flew to her grandmother’s side.” We were not able to get you the gift of knowledge, but we were able to get these wonderful moon cakes and star dust.”
© Copyright 2023 Simply Me (evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306511-Harvest-Festival-3965