*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306700-Who
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2306700
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #2305815
490 words

I am ""Zhen." You might have seen me decorating stumps with flowers or stones, feathers, or bones anything I found that I thought was beautiful.

This morning I found a finger length crystal. It is a Lemurian Seed Quartz crystal. I didn’t mean to bond with it or absorb the ancient knowledge, it just happened.

Now I am being pulled (to Majestic) somewhere off my path.

I can feel a high vibration. It’s not too uncomfortable but it’s strong. It’s compelling me to walk beyond my familiar territory into an unknown valley.

I see two little owls perched on a snow-covered oak limb.


“Hello,” I call out.

I wonder to myself, ‘why would I think they would answer me?’
And I replied, ‘because they are wearing little Santa hats in October already! Duh!’

“Woot Hello woot” they answer in harmony.

Ya, I knew they could talk.

“I am just passing by... to I don’t know where yet. Is there anything I should be aware of in these parts of the woods?”

“Woot We don’t see your kind around here. You are the first. What are you anyway? You are too big for an elf too small for a sasquatch Who… who are you? “

“I am a human.”

"Danger.... danger danger!” They Woot in alarm, as they fly away.

I guess I would fly away too if I was them. Humans in a forest are about as welcome as a dragon in town. A bad reputation precedes us. A deserving one, from what I can tell with all the stumps and scorched homes.

The magnetic connection I felt to something (Majestic) intensified 10-fold. I was drawn deeper into the forest. I could see no trail. At first it was easy to crawl over moss covered logs, but I began to tire.

Wet, confused, and uncomfortably out of my element I stop.

Below me are fern lined pools in pockets of roots twisting over tree trunks. It’s scary looking down there and above me looks nearly the same.

I do what I always do when I am feeling lonely, I reached for my flute and filled the roaring silence with a melody so familiar that loneliness had no place in my mind.

The two little owls returned to me. And then the little bird said, “Whoot human ….don’t worry. We will stay with you until your ride gets here,”



They were chatty little guys. I never had a chance to ask what they meant by “ride” They explained it all in a round of excited banter. My ride would be a newly hatched dragon named Woodrift. The two of them hoped I would put a good word in for them with Majestic. They wanted to be chosen to live in the dragon burn hole left in Majestic’s trunk.

I said “Yes, of course.”
"First Flight
© Copyright 2023 Simply Me (evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306700-Who