*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306701-Prep-30---General-Market
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Activity · #2306701
Market Information regarding the target audiences for the book.
Prep 30 - General Market Definition and Narrative Voice Synopsis ?
(1) Identify your story type from this list of story types or define it with your nomenclature.
(2) Describe your target audience. Identify a demographic profile of your ideal reader (try using your character profile template!). Explain in detail what aspects of your novel will appeal to this particular audience and why. Please read this blog post to understand the importance of marketing and why targeting "mass appeal" or "all readers" isn't good enough: "
Building Your Brand"
(3) Write a synopsis of your novel using the same narrative voice you will use to tell the story.



(1) Identify your story type from this list of story types or define it with your nomenclature.
                   Fantasy:          Wizards and heroes battle with monsters. Good guys win.
                   Adventure:          Heroes and incredible action in escapist fun.
                   Action:          Non-stop chasing, fighting
                   Tragedy:          Sad things happen. People die.


(2) Describe your target audience. Identify a demographic profile of your ideal reader (try using your character profile template!). Explain in detail what aspects of your novel will appeal to this particular audience and why. Please read this blog post to understand the importance of marketing and why targeting "mass appeal" or "all readers" isn't good enough: "Building Your Brand"


Quinn Is a warrior (Action/Adventure) character. He is proficient in weapons. Quinn wields a magic sword and uses an enchanted shield. His hand-to-hand combat skills are evident when he rescues a woman from two ruffians in the process of having their way with her. While he seems aloof to people, he has a sense of right/wrong he received from his father.
Quinn will appeal to an individual who enjoys fast action, fight scenes, and scenes where the protagonist does not always win. He will be pragmatic regarding his fights and understand what must be done to win the war, even if that is not expected or the desired outcome. His journey takes him to various cities, including the Dwarven City, Trollkin, Badlands, and the Twilight Forest, home of the Unseelie Court, where he is advised he will save the life of a Demon and the One-armed Wizard will save his.


Meira is a thief and assassin (Action Adventure) character, and because the Demon Tawl once possessed her, she has minimal magical abilities (Fantasy). The magical powers she has access to are limited to night vision, stealth, and mystical armor. While possessed, she went on a killing spree, and many people died at her hands (Tragedy). A powerful magic user exorcised the Demon. Meira has been trying to purge herself of the remaining evil - a seemingly impossible task.
Meira will appeal to those who want the underdog to win. At first, Meira is a protagonist of sorts. However, the reader finds out that the Lesser Demon Tawl possessed her. It is discovered that Tawl is using his vessel to gain magical knowledge by entering private libraries and stealing all the magical tomes. A Wizard intervenes and kills the Demon, freeing Meira, who begins aiding any in need of her assistance. Meira has a vision of a one-armed Wizard with a flaming fist and a Goddesses' Solider with a flaming sword battling a Sloth King holding her captive.


Zast/Galvin is a Wizard (Fantasy) character. He started at the academy and, when assigned to his post, discovered that he was appointed as a Wizard. Without previous magical training or talent, he went to his training. He apprenticed to Master Wizard Danduil. Through magical means, Zast was trained for thirty years in six months. He had to duel a Rogue Wizard to determine if he was ready to become a complete Wizard. Zast won but lost his arm and changed his name to Galvin.
Galvin will appeal to those who want Fantasy and Action/Adventure. Galvin seeks out and duels Rogue Wizards while working toward the capital because he feels that is where he is needed. While meditating, Galvin saw a vision where a Demon and a Goddess' Champion would join him to help defeat the Evil King and his Army. At this time, Galvin is a formidable Wizard but unsure who and what he will meet.






© Copyright 2023 J.R. PETE (jtpete86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306701-Prep-30---General-Market