*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306797-Our-Bette
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Action/Adventure · #2306797
From a writing prompt "you adopted a child and now birth parents want the child back".
Hi Jean
Good to hear from you after such a long time. How was your holiday. Hope it was good. Here the adoption was a success.
Just last month I we adopted a beautiful bay girl. She is the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen. I feel in love with her the moment I held her in my arms. Her tiny fingers and toes. Her beautiful curly black hair and big brown eyes. She is something to behold. See attached photos.
My husband and I are learning this parenthood business and I think we are smashing it. Just last week my husband changed a diaper all by himself. You would never belief the smell from that nappy, that is something one can never get used to. But hey its parenthood.
Never mind, we are learning to accept the good, the bad and the ugly. Does she sleep at night, no. Does she cry a lot, at times. But we are learning trick and tips to soothe her and help her remain adjust to her new life. We are the perfect parent, and no one can say otherwise.
The good thing about our daughter is that she is pretty much laid back and only cries for feeds, nappy change and pick me up. She eats well and is growing at a good rate says my health visitor. Very soon she will be crawling and walking around. Yes, I know she is only a month old, but I have been told they grow up so fast.
You would never belief the phone call I received today from the adoption agency. They said the birth mom has had a change of heart and wants her baby back. They will be coming over in a week to talk logistics. Logistics my foot. I will be dammed if they find us here. I am so tempted to pack everything and disappear, but I do not wish to be on the wrong side of the law.
What should I do, I can not loose my Bette, she has become my world, and my world is slowly crumbling as we speak. What rights do we have as adoptive parents, can they really take away our Bette and will we be able to see her ever again? Gosh, so many questions running through my mind.
My husband says we should hear them out and negotiate to see if we can keep our Bette. We hired a lawyer. We should remain calm, no need to worry about what is out of our control but if feel he is not as attached as I am that is why he is so calm. I just want to scream and keep my Bette.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know a little about what is going on with me right now, will keep you updated on the outcome. Do keep us in your prayer and pray that it works in our favour. Your loving pen pal Vhai.

© Copyright 2023 S.V Nyathi (vhai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306797-Our-Bette