*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306844-PrepMo-23-Day-19-definitions-list
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Fantasy · #2306844
Definitions for my 2023 NaNo Novel
Magic:
Icerna’s magic:
1. **Ice Manipulation**: Icera can conjure and control ice with ease. She can create blizzards, freeze her enemies in their tracks, and craft intricate ice sculptures at will.

2. **Frostbite Hex**: Icera's signature spell, she can inflict a crippling frostbite on her enemies, leaving them weakened and vulnerable.

3. **Summon Ice Familiar**: Icera has a loyal ice elemental familiar that assists her in her quests. This elemental can take on various forms, from a spectral frost wolf to an ethereal snow owl, depending on the situation.

4. **Mystic Pact with the Frost Queen**: Icera made a pact with the Frost Queen herself, gaining access to her vast knowledge of ice magic and ancient secrets. In return, Icera has vowed to overthrow the oppressive regime and free her people from their tyranny.

5. **Cryomancer's Shield**: Icera can create an impenetrable shield of ice to protect herself and her allies from harm. This shield can withstand even the most powerful of attacks.

Lysandra’s magic:
1. **Frost Novice**: Lysandra is still in the early stages of mastering her ice powers. She can create small ice crystals and generate a chill in the air but lacks the control and finesse of her experienced aunt.

2. **Ice Affinity**: Lysandra's connection to her aunt and the Frost Queen gives her a strong affinity for ice magic. She can sense the presence of ice-related phenomena and has an intuitive understanding of its properties.

Ignatius Flameheart’s magic:
1. **Pyromancy**: Ignatius wields the power of fire with exceptional skill. He can create and manipulate flames of various sizes, from small sparks to raging infernos. His fire magic can be both destructive and defensive, making him a formidable combatant.

2. **Inferno Burst**: Ignatius can unleash a powerful burst of flames in a wide area, scorching enemies and incinerating obstacles. This ability is particularly effective in battles against the regime's forces.

3. **Flame Familiar**: Similar to Icerna’s ice elemental, Ignatius has a loyal fire elemental familiar that assists him in his endeavors. This elemental can take on the form of a blazing phoenix or a fiery serpent, depending on the situation.

4. **Mystic Pact with the Flame Spirits**: Ignatius made a pact with the ancient Flame Spirits, granting him the knowledge of ancient fire magic techniques and the wisdom of ages. In return, he has dedicated his life to helping Icerna and their allies overthrow the oppressive regime.

5. **Fire Ward**: Ignatius can create protective fire wards that shield himself and his allies from harm. These wards not only offer physical protection but also instill courage and determination in those within their boundaries.

Seraphin Tidewalker’s magic:
Abilities:
1. **Hydromancy**: Seraphin is a skilled water mage, capable of manipulating water in various forms. He can create powerful water projectiles, summon torrential rainstorms, and even manipulate the water within living beings to heal or harm.

2. **Aquatic Familiar**: Seraphin has formed a bond with a mystical water elemental that takes the form of a graceful aquatic creature, such as a water nymph or a serpentine water dragon. This familiar aids him in tasks related to water manipulation and serves as a guardian.

3. **Healing Waters**: Seraphin has developed the ability to use her water magic for healing. He can mend wounds, cure ailments, and purify water sources, making him a valuable asset in both combat and humanitarian efforts.

4. **Mystic Pact of Redemption**: Seraphin has entered into a pact with a benevolent water spirit, seeking forgiveness for his past actions. This spirit guides him in his quest for redemption and imparts ancient water magic knowledge.

Aelar Frostshroud magic:
1. **Cryomancer**: Aelar possesses a deep mastery of ice magic, rivaling Icerna's own abilities. His control over ice allows him to conjure blizzards, create impenetrable ice barriers, and manipulate the very temperature around him.

2. **Resilience**: Years of imprisonment have strengthened Aelar's resolve and inner fortitude. He has endured countless trials and hardships, emerging from them with an unbreakable spirit.

3. **Strategic Mind**: Aelar is a tactical thinker and a planner. His time in captivity has honed his strategic mind, making him an invaluable asset in devising plans to overthrow the oppressive regime.

4. **Telepathic Connection**: Aelar shares a unique telepathic connection with Icerna, a bond that persisted even during his captivity. This connection allows them to communicate secretly and share their thoughts and emotions, despite physical separation. Once they reconnect in prison, they are able to communicate in this way.

There are ice mages such as Icerna and Aelar, fire mages such as Ignatius, and wind mages such as Thalric Frostbane, Icerna’s estranged brother. Seraphin is one of the few water mages.

Thalric Frostbane’s magic:
1. **Aerokinesis**: Thalric can manipulate the movement of air, creating strong gusts of wind, controlling the flow of air currents, and even causing small tornadoes or whirlwinds. He can use this ability for offense, defense, and mobility.

2. **Flight**: With his mastery over the wind, Thalric can levitate or even achieve limited flight, allowing him to navigate through the air with ease. This power grants him agility and the ability to escape or engage enemies strategically.

3. **Air Blades**: Thalric can shape the wind into sharp, cutting blades of air, effectively turning the atmosphere itself into a weapon. He can launch these blades at high speeds, making them deadly projectiles.

4. **Whisper on the Breeze**: Thalric can carry his voice or messages on the wind, allowing him to communicate secretly over long distances with allies or to gather information by eavesdropping on distant conversations.

5. **Air Shield**: He can create protective barriers of compressed air, offering a form of defense against physical attacks and projectiles.

6. **Wind Manipulation**: Thalric has fine control over the wind's subtler aspects, allowing him to perform tasks like opening locked doors or creating air currents for cooling or ventilation.

7. **Sensory Enhancement**: He can heighten his sensory perception by detecting changes in air pressure, allowing him to sense approaching threats or changes in the environment.

I still do not have a name for the land Shadowbane rules over. The Glaciara Dominion was thrown out by a friend, so I may keep that.
The rules of the land are simple: No magic. Shadowbane has used magic in the past to control others, but does not allow it without his oversight.
Shadowbane himself has no magical powers. He was born without any powers at all, which was rare at the time he was born, and he was seen as weaker and less important than other children because he had no powers. Now, however, he holds all the power in the land.
© Copyright 2023 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306844-PrepMo-23-Day-19-definitions-list