*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307068-NaNo-Prep-2023-Day-24-Complications
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Fantasy · #2307068
My list of complications for my 2023 NaNo novel
One of the complications will happen when Icerna finds out Aelar did not leave her, but has been imprisoned this whole time. She will be upset because he was part of a resistance movement way back then and would not let her get involved. Instead, she will tell him, he left her to be alone for the rest of her life. At first she will hate him for what she feels was a betrayal. This will delay Aelar working with the new rebellion – although he would be a great asset.
Another complication will be that, upon seeing each other again in the dungeon, they rekindle their telepathic ability, making it difficult for them to have private thoughts.
Thalric will provide another complication. Although he is Icerna’s brother, his life has taken a different path. He was not the stronger of the two, but his powers would be useful. In his youth, he, like Aelar, went off to fight with the resistance. In later years, however, in fear for his young and growing family, he went to work for Lord Shadowbane in his oppressive regime as an enforcer. Tall and muscular, Thalric was perfect for the job. He has largely been the reason Icerna has not found herself in prison previous to this. The two will meet in battle. Icerna will either have to kill her brother or allow the resistance to suffer a mighty setback when they are so close to achieving their goal of taking the castle.
Lysandra is the first complication. Although she is Icerna’s own niece, she is against the rebellion and everything it stands for. She and her young college friends feel Lord Shadowbane’s regime will give each person everything they need to live a happy life. They are content to simply follow the rules and make very limited decisions about their own lives.
While Lysandra will find the error in her ways early on, her boyfriend, Kaelin Thornshadow, will be slow to change. This will cause a rift that tears at Lysandra.
Seraphin Tidewalker would be a great asset to the resistance. However, he has worked for Shadowbane’s resistance for so long that Icerna and Ignatius will be very slow to trust him. Something may even happen to make it seem as though Seraphin is still working for Shadwobane.
I know either Thalric of Kaelin will be lost in the battle – but I am not sure which yet. Of course, with losses all around them, the resistance fighters will start to wonder if all of this will be worth it in the end.
© Copyright 2023 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307068-NaNo-Prep-2023-Day-24-Complications