*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306935-War-of-the-worlds
Rated: E · Draft · Political · #2306935
Awakening to a new reality
Patel is pacing just outside Mr M’s study, his eyelids heavily weighing down on him, he has one hand pressing on his temple , while the other clutches a black portfolio to his chest. A jingle shrilled, he unlocked his phone hesitantly, he didn't want to have to handle anymore catastrophes. It's by Natasha, his 17 year old daughter, about a mysterious crater spotted at a nearby beach. I don't have time for this nonsense. He thinks , as he is about to tuck the phone into his pocket, but suddenly his demeanor changes ,his drooping shoulders standing up straight, he sends her a thank you message to her. The door opens and he walks in.

Satya’s phone is blowing up as she leaves her class, she sees tweets of her friend Neil saying he is taking an alien home, she sees a tweet from kai saying #freethealiens. Satya scrunches up her eyebrows , squints her eyes, and walks towards her friend Natasha. “ What's all this rage about aliens?” she asks “ Where have you been Satya, you truly are the most dazed creature I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing she says' ' poking fun at Satya. “ Haan, ok fine you win I'm dazed but what's going on?” She asks. Natasha shows her a clip from the daily chronicle. A woman in an enthusiastic voice says “ we may not be alone in the universe after all “ she goes on to mention craters that have appeared in 5 beaches along the western coast of south India. There was speculation that it was meteorite crates, however news has come out about the newer 2 crates having dents in them that some are claiming to indicate are caused by landing of a saucer shaped ufo. Scientists have refused to comment on the topic yet, however they also urged for people to not panic and not to draw conclusions from insubstantial evidence. However UFO watchers have claimed to have photographic evidence of footprints of some creature that appears to have humanoid feet but it's much longer than humanly possible and with no toes' ' She says “ As photos of small cavities in sand “ are put up on the screen. “That’s wild” Satya says, "do you really believe this could be possible , in our time ?” she asks Natasha “ I don't know man, but I'm adopting an alien for sure if they show up “ she croons excitedly. “ Btw what happened about your dad’s party’s lawsuit” it was all over twitter just hours ago and now there is barely anything. “ I'm sure they'll get out of it, see ya later, gotta rush to class “ Natasha says already running. That's not what I meant,she thinks, shaking her head.

Satya takes out her phone, types - “ I'm pretty sure we caused an alien invasion, last night ,so care to talk? She sends. “ I’m crying laughing bro, this is ridiculous ” Viveka replies with a picture of a bucket and shovel. “ I’m still trying to get it off” she adds, attaching a picture of her doormat , with little grains of yellow on it. “But where did the other four come from, did we accidentally send a signal of some sort” Satya asked “ I know right it's so bizarre man, but we should defo go check it out again tonight” Came viveka’s response. “ Deadass” Satya replied.

Till yesterday her life was so mundane, dull. Just go to college, get home and go online and keep scrolling reels endlessly. Of Course she would spend time with her boyfriend or hangout with friends, but none of that got her as stoked as this fiasco. They had made it to the news, scientists were getting involved, politicians were dragging each other through the mud for not providing answers quick enough, while others made claims of it being terrorist act undertaken to strike fear and wage psychological warfare. What are these adults smoking? Satya thought to herself. Aren't these people supposedly smart ? They are stumped by a hole in the ground by a bunch of kids? Do they really have such boring lives to try and make something out of this? She wondered. She wasn’t going to sit around and let the moment pass her by though. She opened her front camera and started recording.

A while later, She walked into a packed house, a saffron clad, bearded man was sitting on her sofa, her parents , a few neighbors and relatives were sitting on the ground. See our sacred texts have always been scientific , this was already prophesied in the “....”, Satya stepped in and put one earphone in, and veered through the crowd to walk upstairs, as she did so she overheard '' pushpaka vimana - Gandharvas or aliens ``, “ancestors - prediction- texts were scientifically precise” Her earphone fell to the ground as navigated crowd careful not to step on anyone's hand and she heard “ we should all be positive - wear green to avoid negativity”. He went on. What do you have against poor blue or purple or red she thought to herself. She couldn’t help but roll her eyes, her mother shot her a disapproving look. Satya ignored her and plugged her earphones back in and quickly made her way up to her room and emailed her therapist, I know you're away on vacation but we need to talk.

© Copyright 2023 Mindkey (inkfeather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306935-War-of-the-worlds