*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306954-Oct-Novel-prep-NaNoWriMo-challenge-21
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Draft · Sci-fi · #2306954
As stated above
The setting in 2050 is of a cold nuclear wasteland. All the major cities are in ruin with power and communications sporadic everywhere. Many streets have the faint smell of brunt plastic and disinfectant where ever Geiger counters detect radiation. Over it is the smell of rotting food and corpses of those who had died of hunger or were killed for their supplies.

The sky has the color of the Northern Lights and the sun is a constant red. Only underground rivers are safe when boiled, if they are found deep enough. Food is even harder to find through some plants are beginning to grow again. All the survivors fear they will not last long enough for the Earth to bounce back on its own.

Hopes rose when a time machine was discovered and a desperate plan was quickly put together. Little did they know a time traveler had already gone back in time with a plan of his own...


The setting in 1980 is not too unlike our own only roads and bridges last for decades before needing repair. The internet is taking the world by storm, Technology is more advanced. Vehicles run slightly cleaner but still run on gasoline. Oil is still big business and government corruption is much the same. Despite the efforts of the first time traveler, nothing really changed.

Note: It was not Jon Smith's goal to change the minds of the people. It was his goal to reset the planet. Humanity has a bad habit of only collectively listening when their back is to the wall.

© Copyright 2023 Scifiwizard Retired (scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306954-Oct-Novel-prep-NaNoWriMo-challenge-21