*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307361-Wolfen-Bound
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #2307361
A Sierras-camper bitten by a snow-wolf must 'tackle' a new spirit-mutation for leviathan.
AMLAN SATAN (Journal): "Camping in the Sierras is a thing of hand-writing, and escape from consumerism-civilization affords me an extra credit consciousness for the life on Earth, for a cool-view of my race nature, and perhaps the 'chance' for conversationalism bound with the animalia-spirits heard in these snowy mountains (away from man)."

Well, it seemed to Mr. Amlan Satan, a post-grad camper in the cold/snowy peaks of the Sierras for the New Year that his time-off from the 'world' would offer him this cool 'chance' to bond with his race nature and seek consciousness for metaphysics. However, this isn't an ordinary-tale of mentalism or a 'quest' for normality, you see, because Satan was bit one morning (while camping/daydreaming) by a snowy-white wolf, one day before the first full-moon that January-month in California (USA).

AMLAN SATAN (Journal): "Bit by a snow-wolf is somewhat regular/predictable, if you're a dare-camper in the Sierras, but this full-moon gave me a stranger sense of consciousness 'shifts' and noticed some wild-hair growing on my palms, and my teeth were somehow (miraculously/eerily!) extending and then protracting in size (even sharpness)...I'm becoming a werewolf...need an extra credit consciousness month in these Sierras...perhaps to 'ensure' I don't return to my world a dangerous prince/lycanthrope (wow)."

Amlan decided to spend an 'extra credit consciousness' month in those snowy Sierras camping and daydreaming...and now 'contending' with his newfound bio-reality that he was becoming a full-lycanthrope, a werewolf. He waited and waited, prayed, writing furiously in his notebook, and he considered his thought that the February full-moon wouldn't mutate him (again) and this time into a full-fledged animalia 'beast' of the snow, but that's just what happened when February's full-moon came. Amlan was a full werewolf, howling in the moonlight, and when a camper with a rifle, a drunk, spotted him and tried to shoot mercilessly at his face, the Wolfen-Amlan decapitated him.

AMLAN (Journal): "I wake the day-after Hellmouth(s) and find this decapitated 'soul' next to my naked-humanized body (non-Wolfen) next to me in the cold-snow, and I buried him in a place undiscoverable perhaps, and I'm to find the necessary or needed 'mind-mettle' to simply return to my 'world' for a race-ensuring culture thought for hiding and wandering and praying and keeping to myself, and perhaps (dreaming) conscious-willing to become something more (again) of a 'man' of bread/bounds."

His prayer(s) went unheard (silent), and Satan would continuously mutate into a lycanthrope every full-moon, deciding to forsake his plan(s) of becoming a Windy-City (Homeland) architect in preference for an American wanderer-life, going town-town and seeking temp-jobs to pay motel-rent and simply get-by, all the while 'crafting' his dark consciousness-examination(s) into some worthy novel-writing exercise, and he reasoned to himself that if, someday, he won that awesome Pulitzer for this grand-journal about a Wolfen bound, he just might perhaps find in language-arts what eluded him in love (and in the Sierras) --- that 'human race' sense of leviathan.

THE END
© Copyright 2023 Abishai100 (abishai100 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307361-Wolfen-Bound