*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307457-The-worst-years-I-was-bullied-at-school
Rated: GC · Non-fiction · Experience · #2307457
A period of time between 3rd-4th grade where I got bullied a lot and tried to make friends
In third grade I was 9 years old, and it was the hardest year of me being bullied a lot. I was bullied more in third grade than any other elementary school year. Since my Autism was going away a little, I was starting to realize that year that I was actually being made fun of and mocked at. Now that I realized that I was being made fun of, it started to upset me. Each day my classmates laughed at me, mocked me, talked about me, etc. The bullying was getting so bad that it spread outside the class. In recess and lunch I was dealing with being bullied by those outside the class. I remember that no matter where I played at, there was always someone there laughing at me and mocking me. I had to deal with that on a daily basis. The bullying was so bad to the point where there was an incident where my classmates went through the stack of our fill the bubble math tests, and changed all my answers! I was very smart in math, and the teacher didn’t believe me when I cried saying “this is not my writing!” She said “well everyone fills in the bubble the same” even though I noticed the alterations and got everything wrong on the test. Another incident was one of my classmates told me that she will do my homework for me, and she took my homework after school and I was relieved because I didn’t have to do homework that day. The next morning, I noticed my homework was stuffed in my desk with nothing filled out! I was furious and told the teacher about what happened but she didn’t believe me and said “maybe you forgot to take your homework home” even though I clearly remember giving it to one of my classmates. Third grade was hard, but at least I kept passing my classes and never flunked since kindergarten.

It was very tough that year because every day I came to school, I was always laughed at, mocked at, made fun of, and call me names. I dealt with it in the classroom and outside the classroom. The teacher wasn’t strict so she didn’t really do anything about it besides telling the class to stop talking. In recess and lunch time, no matter where I go to play and eat, I was being made fun of. I couldn’t avoid anyone because it was so many people and I didn’t know where to go to cool down. Eventually all the gossip and slander against me spread throughout the whole school basically. They followed me around mocking me and laughing at me. It was horrible to deal with this type of level of bullying on a daily basis. Sometimes they would even make fun of me and cuss me out in Spanish. A lot of them decided to talk to each other in Spanish in front of me and laugh about it and point fingers at me. I’m glad I didn’t know what they were saying since I didn’t know Spanish but I knew they were talking bad things about me.

When I was 9 years old after I finished third grade in late spring of 2005, me and my family moved from the small studio apartment on Commonwealth Ave to a 2 bedroom apartment on 9th Street between Knott Avenue and Western Ave in Buena Park, CA. The apartment complex always had kids playing outside and it had a swimming pool area that was open mostly in the summer time. There was an apartment manager name Mrs. Mckinder and she always made sure things were running smoothly in the apartment complex. She lived upstairs on the other side of the entrance area to oversee everything through her apartment window to make sure the kids don’t do anything bad. She had to supervise the apartment a lot because it was a very bad ghetto area and the kids were very rebellious and had dirty behavior.

I was finally able to play outside for the first time of my life outside of school, and I was excited to move there to hopefully make friends for the first time. School was out so I spent the summer being outside a lot. I started going in a swimming pool for the first time, and I thought that was a great experience. I connected with other girls my age and they were nice at first. After a while, I started being bullied by them. This was when the bullying started in the apartment complex. There was one girl in particular name Tori and we became very close friends. She was 2 years younger than me. Me and her looked almost exactly alike to the point where people thought we were sisters. She was the only one that never bullied me and she stood by my side when I was bullied by the other girls.
Since it was a ghetto neighborhood, kids as young as 7 years old were already into fornication and sexual sins. A 7 year old boy came up to me and took me behind a dumpster to tongue kiss me and touch me sexually. Since I was 9 years old, I didn’t know how to tongue kiss or anything so that experience was awkward. He told me he saw his parents having sex so he learned that stuff from watching his parents. After that happened, my lips started burning and then I had an infection all around my mouth, it was very bad. The infection lasted a few weeks to a month before it went away. The boys started bullying me as much as the girls were. It got so bad in the apartment complex that each day I was mocked at.

In fall 2005, I started fourth grade at Gilbert Elementary School and turned 10 years old at that time. In fourth grade I started to make sure I look and act normal so that I won’t get bullied like I was in Whitaker Elementary School. I decided not to pick my nose in class anymore and not do anything nasty so that I wouldn’t be made fun of. The main reason I was bullied in the previous school was because of picking my nose and farting out loud in class. Fourth grade ran so smoothly at school, I had a couple of friends I hung out with and it was good. One of my friends name Valeria was alone like me and she was being bullied a lot like I was, so me and her connected and hung out in recess and lunch. Unfortunately she moved out a couple months later so I didn’t see her anymore. The other one I connected with was Ashley and she was in special ed like me, we both got pulled out of class each week for speech class and we always walked together to the special ed room and me and her hung out at recess and lunch. The second half of the school year we both decided to volunteer at the school library to help out the librarian with putting books back where they belong and straightening out books so they look nice in the book shelves. The librarian appreciated our help.

Meanwhile in the apartment complex that whole school year, I was still being mocked at in the neighborhood but I remained outside anyways because I didn’t like being inside at home. One good thing about my childhood was that I always loved looking at the sky. Also the trees, plants, birds, bugs, and other creatures, but the sky was the most fascinating to me. Every single night I would have really good dreams about flying, the sky, and other beautiful creation. It gave me a sense of comfort in the midst of all the hard times I was going through. I think it was God's way to keep giving me hope. In the midst of all the worst times in my life I always thought to myself "Everything will get better, this will all go away, and there has to be someone out there that will love me and accept me for who I am."
© Copyright 2023 Alicia Astralstar (astralstar9695 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307457-The-worst-years-I-was-bullied-at-school