*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307459-Child-Being-Introduced-to-Christianity
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Religious · #2307459
When I was 10 years old, I first heard the gospel and then seeing what church was about
When I was 10 years old, I started learning that there is a God out there. My parents were never church goers at all, and they were just regular Christians who never go to church. Mrs. Mckinder decided to start taking me to church because I asked her “who is Jesus?” after a couple of street preachers came to our apartment to share the Christian gospel to everyone. The kids were around me and Mrs. Mckinder and they mocked me and laughed at me because I didn’t know who Jesus was. Mrs. Mckinder quieted the kids down so we could talk. I was asking Mrs. Mckinder all those questions about Jesus so she decided to take me to her church. My parents were fine with it, and it was a Pentecostal church in Downey, CA. Her husband was actually the Pastor of the church, and I remember going to Sunday school and Mrs. Mckinder was the Sunday school teacher for elementary school kids.

I remember in Sunday school I learned about the 10 commandments, Noah’s ark, Jesus, and the Armor of God. We mostly had fun activities etc. I remember we all did a Christmas play of the whole bible, and the characters were chosen for us, and they chose me to be Ruth. Every month there was no Sunday school so we all gathered in the main room. Since it was a Pentecostal church, so many people were running around, jumping around, and break dancing talking about the “holy spirit.” Everyone was possessed with the spirit except for me and I wondered why nothing happened to me. They were speaking in “tongues” and everything.
© Copyright 2023 Alicia Astralstar (astralstar9695 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307459-Child-Being-Introduced-to-Christianity